Reader reviews and comments on Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim, plus links to write your own review.

Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim

by David Sedaris

Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim by David Sedaris X
Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim by David Sedaris

Jun 2004, 272 pages
    May 2005, 272 pages

There are currently 6 reader reviews for Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim

Linn

He puts the fun in dysfunction!
A brilliantly funny book that proves you can have a very unfunny childhood and still laugh about it ( after the fact!). His dry wit and turn of a phrase left me smiling. I felt like I knew him and his family. He puts the fun in dysfunction and came out a survivor!
Absolutely Satisfied

A Must-Read
After reading this book, it has flown to the top of my top favorites list. Hilarious, touching, and brutally honest, I found this to be a completely captivating compilation of well written stories.
Anonymous

At my age, 14, this kind of humor is all I expect out of a book. My mom was listening to it in the car on the way to camp, and I didn't get what was so funny, but then three years later, I'm here, listening to it and I hardly have enough breath left to talk.
MG

This is laugh-out-loud funny - a terrific read!
Alex

Hilarious
This book comes with many laughs. Although I never got the whole naked barbie doll for a cover. I remember I started this book in a waiting room. I guess its odd watching a 14 year old girl laughing out loud while reading a book with a naked barbie doll going on.
Rho

I was expecting a lot of laughs from this book. Many people said it was very funny. I found it very sad, and felt sorry for him. The family life was not funny to me. It is a dysfunctional family, which I have found ALL families are. But to dump all your dirty stuff out; I just did not 'get' the humor. I would be very upset if it were my brother doing these about me. I must be too sensitve, but I am glad. I know his writing style is not for me, LOL. Our bookclub chose this one. I did finish it also, so give myself credit for that! :)

Rho 40yr old female

by D.B. John
  • Book Jacket: The Abbot's Tale
    The Abbot's Tale
    by Conn Iggulden
    The Abbot's Tale purports to be a re-discovered manuscript written by a real historical figure,...

Salt Houses by Hala Alyan

Me, Myself and Them
    by Dan Mooney

A fresh, funny and heart-wrenching story about human connection and the power of friendship.

Win A Place for Us