Reader reviews and comments on Guardian of The Horizon, plus links to write your own review.

Guardian of The Horizon

Apr 2005, 416 pages

There is 1 reader review for Guardian of The Horizon

Kirconnell

Shades of H. Rider Haggard
The first time that I started an Amelia Peabody adventure I thought that it wasn't for me, but soon the quirky, tongue in cheek style had me hooked. Now I look forward to each new novel expectantly. This "lost chronicle" is an excellent example of Peters work featuring a lost city, exotic locals, and an interesting plot.. Think of H. Rider Haggard and the other adventure writers of the 19th and early 20th century. It isn't a book to fly through like modern thrillers, but a book to be savored and enjoyed at an easy pace. I recommend that you start at the beginning of the series in order to be introduced to this most unique and appealing family.

• Book Jacket: Vita Nostra
    A Spark of Light
    by Jodi Picoult

Unsheltered
by Barbara Kingsolver

A timely novel that explores the human capacity for resiliency and compassion.

Paris Echo
    by Sebastian Faulks

A story of resistance, complicity, and an unlikely, transformative friendship.

The Kinship of Secrets