Reader reviews and comments on Signal and Noise, plus links to write your own review.

Signal and Noise

by John Griesemer

Signal and Noise by John Griesemer X
Signal and Noise by John Griesemer

Apr 2003, 640 pages
    Apr 2004, 593 pages

There is 1 reader review for Signal and Noise

Paul - BookBrowse.com

Good book - riveting, fast-paced read. Very evocative of the era, with lots of detail which brings that part of history to vibrant life.

So why did I mark it so low? It is the mixture of fact and fiction that bothers me. The factual events were in themselves fascinating - but this book weaves in so much fiction, so much detail, that the line between reality and the author's imagination is blurred and becomes distracting. This could have been simply addressed by a forward, or an appendix, which clarifies what really happened, and what was fictional.

I would suggest you read this book in the mindset that is is a historical novel, rotating arround true events. A lost opportunity to bring a real life drama to life; but an enjoyable read set against a colourful context.

• Book Jacket: And The Ocean Was Our Sky
    An Absolutely Remarkable Thing
    by Hank Green

Unsheltered
by Barbara Kingsolver

A timely novel that explores the human capacity for resiliency and compassion.

The Kinship of Secrets
    by Eugenia Kim

A Ladder to the Sky
    by John Boyne

A seductive, unputdownable psychodrama following one brilliant, ruthless man.

Win Severance