Reader reviews and comments on Good Grief, plus links to write your own review.

Good Grief

Apr 2005, 360 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Good Grief

Mary

Totally entertaining
I loved this book. It made me laugh out loud and I have shared it with all my friends and family. I think Lolly did a wonderful job and can't wait to read more of her work.
Mamacita

This book was laugh out loud funny! Having lived through a similar situation it was unnervingly familiar. It's tough to see the humerous side of death but she really succeeds. Thanks to author Winston for bringing back the memories and moments--both the tears and the laughs!!
Melissa

Surviving the quicksand
At first I disliked this book, because it seemed to be going nowhere. There was little plot, there was little character development, it felt repetitive. Yet, I continued on and I'm glad I did. I realized that the book was the epitome of the grief the main character was going through. I'm sure after such a devastating loss you would feel like your life was in quicksand. Everything moves in slow motion, you find little meaning, the mundane becomes overwhelming. You can't hurry up and move on, you must be patient and carefully ease your way out of the muck you are stuck in. I'm glad that I continued reading, as I found myself connecting to the character like a friend; wanting the best for her.
Jody

Whatever!
This book started out on the right track. Winston's portrayal of grief was rather engaging. Then the hijinx begin. Every trendy element of modern society is covered. I found the year after the heiress' husbands death highly unbelievable and ridiculous. I only laughed aloud once and felt like crying after I finished it, since I really felt it was a waste of my time.

• Book Jacket: Let It Bang
    by Hank Green
  • Book Jacket: Waiting for Eden
    Waiting for Eden
    by Elliot Ackerman
    Elliot Ackerman's latest novel, Waiting for Eden, follows Marine Eden Malcom as his death ...

Unsheltered
by Barbara Kingsolver

A timely novel that explores the human capacity for resiliency and compassion.

A Ladder to the Sky
    by John Boyne

A seductive, unputdownable psychodrama following one brilliant, ruthless man.

The Kinship of Secrets
    by Eugenia Kim

Win Strangers in Budapest

Strangers in Budapest

A couple trying to make a new life in a foreign land find themselves drawn into a cultural and generational vendetta.

I Ain't O U T F L S