Reader reviews and comments on Girls In Trouble, plus links to write your own review.

Girls In Trouble

by Caroline Leavitt

Girls In Trouble by Caroline Leavitt X
Girls In Trouble by Caroline Leavitt

Jan 2004, 368 pages
    Apr 2005, 368 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Girls In Trouble

R. Jewel

I love a novel that teaches me something and Caroline Leavitt has let us inside a world most of us would never know about--open adoption. And I loved that Sara, the heroine who got pregnant as a teenager, was an honor's student from an upper middle class family instead of the usual--a girl from a broken home, poor, no prospects. The unfolding of Sara's story, her parents', the adoptive parents,' and the boy who got her pregnant, will keep you spellbound.
S.L. B.

I see that I am the first to review this book so let me be careful in my words....this was not the greatest book ever written but it was good,very very good! Was it realistic? Probaly more than you think!
the characters were written very real not wooden...I just got a little tired of the main character's 'Me,me,me' attitude but for the basis of the book,you need it. I was a little disapponted in the 2nd boyfriend's attitude but isn't that mantypical? I would recommedned this book for all age groups,not just mine which will be 40 next year! (yikes!)

• Book Jacket: Small Fry
    Small Fry
    by Lisa Brennan-Jobs
    Small Fry is the debut memoir from Lisa Brennan-Jobs, long-time journalist and writer, and oldest ...
  • Book Jacket: The Winter Soldier
    The Winter Soldier
    by Daniel Mason
    Imagine the thousands of confounding cases doctors face routinely for which diagnoses are hard to ...
  • Book Jacket: Brother
    Brother
    by David Chariandy
    Brother is the brief, moving account of how a single, tragic moment in time can alter the course of ...
    The Islamic Enlightenment
    by Christopher de Bellaigue

The Ninth Hour by Alice McDermott

A crowning achievement of one of the finest American writers at work today.

Sold on a Monday
    by Kristina McMorris

An unforgettable novel inspired by a stunning piece of history.

Win The Clockmaker's Daughter