Reader reviews and comments on Girls In Trouble, plus links to write your own review.

Girls In Trouble

by Caroline Leavitt

Girls In Trouble by Caroline Leavitt X
Girls In Trouble by Caroline Leavitt

Jan 2004, 368 pages
    Apr 2005, 368 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Girls In Trouble

R. Jewel

I love a novel that teaches me something and Caroline Leavitt has let us inside a world most of us would never know about--open adoption. And I loved that Sara, the heroine who got pregnant as a teenager, was an honor's student from an upper middle class family instead of the usual--a girl from a broken home, poor, no prospects. The unfolding of Sara's story, her parents', the adoptive parents,' and the boy who got her pregnant, will keep you spellbound.
S.L. B.

I see that I am the first to review this book so let me be careful in my words....this was not the greatest book ever written but it was good,very very good! Was it realistic? Probaly more than you think!
the characters were written very real not wooden...I just got a little tired of the main character's 'Me,me,me' attitude but for the basis of the book,you need it. I was a little disapponted in the 2nd boyfriend's attitude but isn't that mantypical? I would recommedned this book for all age groups,not just mine which will be 40 next year! (yikes!)

• Book Jacket: The Pianist from Syria
    The Pianist from Syria
    by Aeham Ahmad
    Aeham Ahmad became famous as the face of Syrian suffering when a photo of him playing piano in the ...
  • Book Jacket: The Smiling Man
    The Smiling Man
    by Joseph Knox
    Joseph Knox's latest turns on a simple premise: an unidentified and unidentifiable murdered man is ...
  • Book Jacket: The Heavens
    The Heavens
    by Sandra Newman
    I've been a big fan of Sandra Newman's writing ever since reading her 2014 novel The Country of Ice ...
  • Book Jacket: Sugar Run
    Sugar Run
    by Mesha Maren
    Mesha Maren's debut novel is a plunge into the depths of the dark Southern gothic with pulsing and ...

The Last Year of the War
    by Susan Meissner

A little-known story of WWII with great resonance for our times.

A People's History of Heaven
    by Mathangi Subramanian

A story of love and friendship, and fighting for the places we love.

Book Club
Girls Burn Brighter
by Shobha Rao

An extraordinary and heart-rending tale of two girls with all the odds against them.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win The Summer Country

Win up to 12 copies to share with friends or your book club!

A sweeping epic of lost love, lies, jealousy, and rebellion set in colonial Barbados.

D T T! Full S A!