Reader reviews and comments on Skeletons on the Zahara, plus links to write your own review.

Skeletons on the Zahara

Apr 2005, 385 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Skeletons on the Zahara

Walter Saunders (12/05/10)

Heartwarming and Encouraging
When I first started reading this book I found it a little slow. Though as I read through it I discovered a story full of challenges of character as well as encouraging and eye opening moments. After reading completely through this book I can see how this was one of Abraham Lincoln's childhood inspirations. This is a read you definitely will not want to miss.
Megan (12/24/09)

Don't care
Ok, so my class read this book & we all hated it. it was very boring & I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
rokzas (10/06/09)

boring and dry
About as dry for me as the Zahara itself. Not an attention grabber with very little that made me want to continue at all
Mathew Benton (03/10/04)

I would like to say that I have had a form of schizophrinia since 1988 called rapid thought and it knocked out my attention span. Ever since then all I could do is read. But in the last 17 years I have only read one other non-fiction book that has kept my attention span and interest so strong as Mr. Kings book " Skeletons on the Zahara". I have always wanted to read something that is true and this detainled but I never found it until now. I love the depth it goes into. After you read it you will get a little bit of a history lesson, some background info on plants and animals in the Zahara and etc. The book to me is very complete. It has even inspired me to take up a little spanish and maybe even learn a little easter tounge. I wish I could write the writer himself. If Mr. King reads this I would like to thank him for his writing.

• Book Jacket: All the Ugly and Wonderful Things