Reader reviews and comments on The Privilege of Youth, plus links to write your own review.

The Privilege of Youth

Jan 2004, 288 pages
    Jan 2005, 240 pages

There are currently 35 reader reviews for The Privilege of Youth

monkey (10/28/10)

Good
I think the Privilege of youth book is really good. I wish I had the book so I can read it over and over again. My mom also liked it. She said if I am good for a whole week she will buy it for me. So I am trying to be very good, so I can get the Privilege of Youth. Dave Pelzer is a very strong man. How he lived through all that pain. For example when his mother burned his face against the stove so he can burn to death. Also when his mother stabbed him. In the second book I was glad that he was place in a foster home so he could at lest have some peace. I was so happy when they put him in the foster hopes that just got a smile on mine and my moms face. I really surprised that he is still alive this very day with all the abuse. This is my opinion. Thank you for letting me share this with you.
Marisol (10/20/10)

Dave Pelzer
This was a awesome book and everyone should read it. I've cried for a while thinking how can a mother do this to a little child and not to the rest.If you don't want children then don't have them, don't just sit there and beat them until they bleed and cry and scream...this is so amazing and everyone should read it. I think you will learn a lesson on how not to bully students and learn how to treat them the same like there are two of you..
marisol (10/20/10)

the privilege of youth
This is the best book I've read so far, and everyone should read it. It could teach you a lesson about child abuse and not to ever do it....
someone (09/19/10)

wow
All I can say is wow! What a terrific book!
Chelsea (01/14/10)

Amazing
WoW! This book has really inspired me. It has taught me to accept the way life is even though in 12 years this book and author has in spored me so much that I've changed my ways in life.
unknown (05/09/07)

Thanks
Dave Pelzer has inspired me to share my story. I was abused as a kid some of the things that happened to him happened to me. After reading his books it shows me that I can make it through life like he did. I can be a good person.
Taylor (12/14/06)

Dave inspires Me
when I started reading his books I was in the 6th grade and I was simply touched I mean how could she do those horrible things to him and well I love all his books and when people ask me what's your favorite book or who inspires you the most I am going to say Dave Pelzer. I mean he was abused terribly by his mom and yet stayed strong and made it through he's an inspiration and my favorite book would be A Child Called It and A Lost Boy well you could say all of them there simply great.
McRuiz (10/28/06)

AWESOME!
I read this book, and it was the besstt!! i loved it so much, its so exciting and you never want to put it down, I am only 15....but i do love this book..

The Last Ballad
    by Wiley Cash
    The Graybar Hotel
    by Curtis Dawkins
  • Book Jacket: We Own the Sky
    We Own the Sky
    by Luke Allnutt
    Rob and Anna Coates have an idyllic life together; they have successful careers, love each other ...
  • Book Jacket: Some Trick
    Some Trick
    by Helen DeWitt
    In this erudite collection of 13 stories, Helen DeWitt explores the theme of stymied creativity, ...

Harbor of Spies by Robin Lloyd

A captivating thriller-at-sea set in Spanish colonial Havana in the 1860s.

A Place for Us
    by Fatima Farheen Mirza

Book Club Giveaway!
Win The Rules of Magic

Win up to 12 copies for you & your book club!

The spellbinding prequel to Alice Hoffman's bestselling Practical Magic.

M T G Before I S