Reader reviews and comments on A Pirate Looks at Fifty, plus links to write your own review.

A Pirate Looks at Fifty

by Jimmy Buffett

A Pirate Looks at Fifty by Jimmy Buffett

Jul 1998, 420 pages
    May 1999, 255 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for A Pirate Looks at Fifty

Nanette

A Pirate Looks at Fifty
Light reading. I found it humorous, philosophical, and downright interesting true stories.
Wren J.Harper,Jr.

"A Pirate Looks at Fifty" is a work I wish I had read when I turned 50 (some four years ago). I too love the Caribbean and not only found a wealth of information in the book regarding some new sites to consider traveling to, but more importantly, Mr. Buffett has written a book which speaks to the passage of life, how precious it is, and how each moment should be used to its fullest. I find myself now thinking about how many "Songlines" it takes to do something or ponder an issue.

Jimmy Buffett is a truly gifted writer and I truly look forward to his next work.
Ms CJ

Something different
I enjoyed the unusual writing style of JB. It can feel a bit scatterbrained, but in the end a very enjoyable read.

All the Ugly and Wonderful Things by Bryn Greenwood

Never Coming Back
    by Alison McGhee

Win The Wisdom of Sundays

The Wisdom of Sundays
by Oprah Winfrey

Life-changing insights from super soul conversations.

A Good M I H T F