Reader reviews and comments on The Conch Bearer, plus links to write your own review.

by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni

The Conch Bearer by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni X
The Conch Bearer by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni

Sep 2003, 272 pages
    Mar 2005, 272 pages

There are currently 5 reader reviews for The Conch Bearer

Ryan Schoerner

Excellent
I adored this book and would advise anyone to give it a shot.
Student from St.John Fine Arts

Amazing Book BUY$ BUY$
This book will capture your mind and give it a wicked, magical twist. The Indian Setting makes it more mysterious.
Well Done Mrs. Divakaruni!!
Kevin kok

The Conch Bearer
A twelve year old boy named ," Anand " is entrusted with a conch shell that possesses mystical powers . Anand's task is to return the conch to its rightful home in Silver Valley. His task was given by a old man named , " Abhaydatta " , but Anand and a girl named " Nisha " calls him Dadaji.
Janine

READ IT!!!!!
This book is amazing i read this whole book in a week that is the fastest i have ever read before because i always want to keep reading it had me on the edge of my chair it was so good i am starting to read it again.
13yr old reader

The Conch Bearer
Even from the start, it didn't capture me. I found myself skipping chunks and still not missing out on the base f the story. I found that it went on and on and 'waffled.' This book changed my mood-for the worst. I found myself irritable and angry-- not a good read, I don't recommend it.

• Book Jacket: In Extremis
    Let It Bang
    by RJ Young

Unsheltered
by Barbara Kingsolver

A timely novel that explores the human capacity for resiliency and compassion.

The Kinship of Secrets
    by Eugenia Kim

Paris Echo
    by Sebastian Faulks

A story of resistance, complicity, and an unlikely, transformative friendship.

Win Severance