Reader reviews and comments on The Conch Bearer, plus links to write your own review.

by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni

The Conch Bearer by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni X
The Conch Bearer by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni

Sep 2003, 272 pages
    Mar 2005, 272 pages

There are currently 5 reader reviews for The Conch Bearer

Ryan Schoerner

Excellent
I adored this book and would advise anyone to give it a shot.
Student from St.John Fine Arts

Amazing Book BUY$ BUY$
This book will capture your mind and give it a wicked, magical twist. The Indian Setting makes it more mysterious.
Well Done Mrs. Divakaruni!!
Kevin kok

The Conch Bearer
A twelve year old boy named ," Anand " is entrusted with a conch shell that possesses mystical powers . Anand's task is to return the conch to its rightful home in Silver Valley. His task was given by a old man named , " Abhaydatta " , but Anand and a girl named " Nisha " calls him Dadaji.
Janine

READ IT!!!!!
This book is amazing i read this whole book in a week that is the fastest i have ever read before because i always want to keep reading it had me on the edge of my chair it was so good i am starting to read it again.
13yr old reader

The Conch Bearer
Even from the start, it didn't capture me. I found myself skipping chunks and still not missing out on the base f the story. I found that it went on and on and 'waffled.' This book changed my mood-for the worst. I found myself irritable and angry-- not a good read, I don't recommend it.

Pachinko
    by Min Jin Lee
    Wolf Season
    by Helen Benedict
  • Book Jacket: La Belle Sauvage
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...
  • Book Jacket: Leonardo da Vinci
    Leonardo da Vinci
    by Walter Isaacson

The Dry by Jane Harper

Winner of the 2017 BookBrowse Debut Novel Award

The Milk Lady of Bangalore
    by Shoba Narayan

A charming story about our deep connection to the animals who live among us.

Our Lady of the Prairie
    by Thisbe Nissen

A razor-sharp freight train barreling through the heart of the land and the land of the heart.

Win Mothers of Sparta