Reader reviews and comments on Wolves of the Calla, plus links to write your own review.

Wolves of the Calla

Nov 2003, 736 pages
    Jan 2005, 736 pages

There are currently 10 reader reviews for Wolves of the Calla

dave folds

This book was amazing. I'm not sure that I understand some of the negative reviews on this page. The Dark Tower series seems to get better with every book. Each one gives you more insight on the characters personalities and the world/worlds they're traveling through. It is written a little differently. It is a different book. There is an ongoing storyline but each one has a plot within itself. I found that the one contained in Wolves of the Calla was awesome. Stephen King never fails to amaze me with his ability to come up with such mind-blowing ideas. I recommend this book to anyone who pursues the Dark Tower. And I recommend pursuing the Dark Tower to anyone who isn't.
AV

wow....simply wow. When you get near the end of the book, it will not leave your hands until it has been completed. Absolutely AMAZING!
Gilbert

I cannot say enough about the majesty of the Dark Tower novels. King has bridged tremendous gulfs between genres as diverse as fantasy, horror, sci-fi, and western. Wolves of the Calla is a monument of his achievements surpassing all others in the yet-to-be-released series. The novel is a brilliant scope of King's many years of writing and brings together many unanswered questions in the series'. Truly a historical achievment in literature.
Michaela

I am a Hard-Core King fan. I first read The Waste lands when I was around 11. I am now 17 and love everything he writes except the way he leaves some character's lives unfinished.
Eric Volker

I found the 5th installment of this series to be quite well-written. The fight scene at the end was very intense and i got to know the characters a little better in this one. I really can't wait until the last two are out. I'm already reading Dark Tower VI and i want more. It's pretty good so far. Keep on writing Stephen King!!!
Erin A

I gave this book a 3, but sadly that's charitable. Once again, Stephen King has wrote himself into yet another book. Previously he had only placed himself in what he hoped was humoirous one-liners, but this is above and beyond. Having read all the books to this point, I still say the storyline was amazing. Okay, at least better than most of the pulp he's churned out in the last 15 years. Apparently he's undermining the story on purpose. All I can say to my fellow Dark Tower fans out there is STOP NOW. I highly suspect he's going to cheapen all the patient waiting we've done over the years.
Jason Fontaine

I am a Steven King fan. Unfortunatly, I found this latest book in the DT series to be mediocre. I agree with most of the other reviewers on the fact that this episode is rather poorly written. It in no way reflects the previous works in the series. I am anxiously awaiting the final two in the series to see if he has remedied himself. "The Song of Susanah" should be out soon and I pray it is better. By the way, this book promted an otherwise Steven King only reader to persue entertainment from other authors. Steve, please fix this!!!
Dude Lebowski

After just having finished Wolves of the Calla but half an hour ago, I had to make my opinion known to the general public. I figure a review would do just that.

This book is in no way on par with any of Stephen King's previous Dark Tower novels. It is true that there is some very interesting character development, and some incredible twists, but for the most part, the book was VERY unsatisfying, and I believe mostly because....

STEPHEN KING WROTE HIMSELF INTO THE BOOK.

It is absolutely the height of ego, and has no use in the storyline whatsoever. I will give nothing away, but to say that I'm not sure how any reader could walk away without that nagging bit of disappointment in that particular turn of events.

All in all, I wish I had waited to check it out from the public library than to have purchased this hard cover edition.

Love and Other Consolation Prizes
    by D.B. John
  • Book Jacket: The Abbot's Tale
    The Abbot's Tale
    by Conn Iggulden
    The Abbot's Tale purports to be a re-discovered manuscript written by a real historical figure,...

Mississippi Blood by Greg Iles

New York Times bestselling author Greg Iles illuminates the brutal history of the American South.

The Summer Wives