Reader reviews and comments on Uniform Justice, plus links to write your own review.

Uniform Justice

Aug 2003, 259 pages
    Apr 2004, 320 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Uniform Justice

Bill Hobbs

Donna Leon is simply among the best and her 13th Commissario Guido Brunetti novel is excellent. Her series is always set in Venice and this American-born expatriot seems to capture the essence of The Pearl of the Adriatic with her mesmerizing police procedural stories.

In "Doctored Evidence" we find Leon's team of police inspectors picking up on a case that had been "solved" while Brunetti was away on vacation. When he comes back, in reviewing the case, something doesn't seem right--and of course it isn't--and we go from there.

Once again, Leon takes a strong story and fills it in with modern Italian commentary and brilliantly created characters. Her novels are, indeed, moving experiences. The first in the series is "Death at La Fenice," although one doesn't have to read them in order. Whatever--Leon's a great read! "Doctored Evidence" simply fits into the "Great Leon" category.
BookBrowse

This author is new to me. I just read about her in your latest newsletter & intend to try her series. I went on a search discover to the first book in the series and came across this website. It's not as personal as most authors' own websites, but it's better than nothing. http://www.groveatlantic.com/leon/author.htm

This website: http://www.phys.uni-paderborn.de/~stern/leon/ might help someone who wanted to start in the middle of the series.

Thanks for all you do!
Becky Wreyford

I received this message as an email from Becky but thinking it might be of interest to other visitors, am posting it here in the BookBrowse forums - Davina, BookBrowse.com

• Book Jacket: Women Talking
    Women Talking
    by Miriam Toews
    Miriam Toews' Women Talking is a circadian novel, unfolding over a span of just a few hours and ...
  • Book Jacket: Confessions of an Innocent Man
    Confessions of an Innocent Man
    by David R. Dow
    It is circumstance that carries the wave that sweeps trendy Houston restaurateur Rafael Zhettah to ...
  • Book Jacket: Memories of the Future
    Memories of the Future
    by Siri Hustvedt
    I've never kept a journal, but my mother has written in hers for years, the annual volumes she's ...
  • Book Jacket: Professor Chandra Follows His Bliss
    Professor Chandra Follows His Bliss
    by Rajeev Balasubramanyam
    Rajeev Balasubramanyam encapsulates the theme of Professor Chandra Follows his Bliss in its first ...

Greek to Me
    by Mary Norris

The Comma Queen returns with a buoyant book about language, love, and the wine-dark sea.

When We Left Cuba
    by Chanel Cleeton

An exhilarating historical novel from the author of Next Year in Havana, a Reese Witherspoon Book Club pick.

Book Club
An American Marriage
by Tayari Jones

A masterpiece of storytelling, and a 2018 Oprah's Book Club Selection.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win Ecstasy

Win copies to share with friends or your book club!

Ecstasy reveals the true Alma Mahler: composer, author, daughter, mother, wife, lover, and muse.

A B Penny A T U