Reader reviews and comments on Uniform Justice, plus links to write your own review.

Uniform Justice

Aug 2003, 259 pages
    Apr 2004, 320 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Uniform Justice

Bill Hobbs

Donna Leon is simply among the best and her 13th Commissario Guido Brunetti novel is excellent. Her series is always set in Venice and this American-born expatriot seems to capture the essence of The Pearl of the Adriatic with her mesmerizing police procedural stories.

In "Doctored Evidence" we find Leon's team of police inspectors picking up on a case that had been "solved" while Brunetti was away on vacation. When he comes back, in reviewing the case, something doesn't seem right--and of course it isn't--and we go from there.

Once again, Leon takes a strong story and fills it in with modern Italian commentary and brilliantly created characters. Her novels are, indeed, moving experiences. The first in the series is "Death at La Fenice," although one doesn't have to read them in order. Whatever--Leon's a great read! "Doctored Evidence" simply fits into the "Great Leon" category.
BookBrowse

This author is new to me. I just read about her in your latest newsletter & intend to try her series. I went on a search discover to the first book in the series and came across this website. It's not as personal as most authors' own websites, but it's better than nothing. http://www.groveatlantic.com/leon/author.htm

This website: http://www.phys.uni-paderborn.de/~stern/leon/ might help someone who wanted to start in the middle of the series.

Thanks for all you do!
Becky Wreyford

I received this message as an email from Becky but thinking it might be of interest to other visitors, am posting it here in the BookBrowse forums - Davina, BookBrowse.com

• Book Jacket: Empire of Sand
    Empire of Sand
    by Tasha Suri
    Tasha Suri's debut novel, Empire of Sand, reads like something out of 1001 Arabian Nights, both ...
  • Book Jacket: In Byron's Wake
    In Byron's Wake
    by Miranda Seymour
    It's tempting to think that our age of celebrity worship coupled with the 24-hour news cycle is ...
  • Book Jacket: The Latecomers
    The Latecomers
    by Helen Klein Ross
    The Latecomers is the third novel written by acclaimed author Helen Klein Ross, following What Was ...
  • Book Jacket: The Inflamed Mind
    The Inflamed Mind
    by Edward Bullmore
    It is common knowledge that depression diminishes the quality of sufferers' lives, but few people ...

Becoming
by Michelle Obama

An intimate, powerful, and inspiring memoir by the former First Lady of the United States.

Golden Child
    by Claire Adam

A deeply affecting debut novel set in Trinidad, following the lives of a family as they navigate impossible choices.

Win Uncommon Type

Uncommon Type
by Tom Hanks

Surprising, intelligent, heartwarming, and a must-have for Tom Hanks fans!

Everything I H-D