Reader reviews and comments on The Bielski Brothers, plus links to write your own review.

The Bielski Brothers

The True Story of Three Men Who Defied the Nazis, Saved 1,200 Jews, and Built a Village in the Forest

by Peter Duffy

The Bielski Brothers by Peter Duffy X
The Bielski Brothers by Peter Duffy

Jul 2003, 320 pages
    May 2004, 336 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Bielski Brothers

Roger Pence

This well-written book details the conviction of three of the Bielski brothers as they struggle to find deliverance from the Nazis. Tuvia and two of his brothers find their way, driven by an iron will and a little good luck, to help save hundreds of Jews during WWII. The tale is grim in places, graphically explaining the ruthlessness of the Nazis and their efforts to eradicate the Jews. The Bielski Brothers could have been a servicable action story with story-book heros, but its author, Peter Duffy, reveals the good and the bad. Tuvia had to make some tough choices--choices that, 50 years later and are hard to accept but possible to understand. With each page of the book, Duffy makes you feel the frustration, the fear, and the uncertainly of all those desperate people in the woods.

The Bielski brothers' story puts our own good life in perspective. The next time I catch myself bellyachin' about my job, the service in a restaurant, something dumb one of my kids did, or that my taxes are too high, I'll think of the Bielskis and be grateful that I have it so good.

Danielle Bielski, please give your family my love and respect.
Danielle Bielski

Finally a book that does the incredible story of my grandfather and his brothers justice.

• Book Jacket: The Art of the Wasted Day
    by Anjali Sachdeva
  • Book Jacket: Look Alive Out There
    Look Alive Out There
    by Sloane Crosley
    After a brief (and thoroughly enjoyable) foray into fiction (with her 2015 novel The Clasp), Sloane ...

Music of the Ghosts by Vaddey Ratner

Other People's Houses
    by Abbi Waxman

Win The Leavers

The Leavers by Lisa Ko

One of the most anticipated books of 2017--now in paperback!

T E H N Clothes