Reader reviews and comments on Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix, plus links to write your own review.

Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix

Book 5

by J.K. (Joanne) Rowling

Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix by J.K. (Joanne) Rowling X
Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix by J.K. (Joanne) Rowling

Jun 2003, 870 pages
    Aug 2004, 870 pages

There are currently 103 reader reviews for Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix

Joe Light

Becoming a Harry Potter Fan
Muggles and Dementors do not mix, especially when they both want to kill Harry Potter. The story begins with a long series of problems that Harry seems to cause; being attacked by Dementors sent to kill him wasn’t really his idea of causing trouble. By using the wand, Harry was able to protect himself along with his Muggle cousin, Dudley. Unfortunately the School of Magic felt it necessary to expel Harry Potter from Hogwarts and suspend his wand. Eventually Dumbledore comes through and gets Harry out of this little mess with the School of Magic and is reinstated into Hogwarts. Throughout the year, newspapers have been writing stories about Harry and his inability to tell the truth. Now, none of his classmates trust him; they think of him to be more of a convict or a virus that is lethal. Pretty much every true story told in the past by Harry was switched around, making him sound like a crazy liar. These were just cover-ups in order to keep the existence of Lord Voldemort more of a myth rather than a fact as stated by Potter.

In this book we learn that suffering is part of growing up. Everyone suffers but it is how we deal with that suffering that really counts. The following quote is an example of Harry realizing that all must suffer and that he needs to suck it up and learn from it.

“Harry, suffering like this proves you are still a man! This pain is part of being human … the fact that you can feel pain like this is your greatest strength.”

I am new to the world of Harry Potter. To be honest this is the first book I have read in the series. Overall, I was very impressed with the description and story plot. I felt that this book was written in a way that involves all age groups of readers. True, I didn’t understand everything going on due to lack of knowledge of the past few books, but I really enjoyed the time spent reading The Order of the Phoenix. There are many values taught within the covers; values of friendship, loyalty, and trust that are portrayed page by page as the young students struggle to overcome the different obstacles set in front of them. We can all learn from and enjoy this amazing writing style as it opens our minds to new levels of thinking. Overall, I think everyone should experience the writing of J.K. Rowling because it truly opens up your imagination to new areas and heights. Sure, it’s long, but well worth your time.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
This book is amazing, It is very well written to keep you reading chapter after chapter. It is best for people who like mystery and action.

The book is awsome! YOU SHOULD READ IT!!!! I think Daniel Radcliff is a good actor and is ....(good looking 2!) READ IT! trust me it's really super duper good

it was an extreeeeemly gripping story....i simply loved it!I can't wait for the next 1...the half blood prince tied alot of why voldomort existed till now together! i feel bad for dumbledore though!!
definetly 5 out of 5

I love this book... the events are just... great!!! can't wait for the movie version

I LOVED the fifth installment of this series! I can't wait until July 2005 when the next book comes out or This fall when the 4th movie comes out.

I loved this book. It doesn't seem as if Rowling could continue on producing such wonderful books but she really outdid herself this time. I can't wait for the 6th book to come out in July 2005. Harry Potter and the Halfblood Prince!! I'm so excited. Make sure you read the books in order. There is a lot to keep track of. I'd give this book a 1000 rating if possible. Read the book, you'll love it.

I was 10 when I read this book and Im 13 now I also think people will read the book to find out who will die and when you do you'll be sad for that person in this book but overall this book is the best yet! It's the best cause it gives more info about the the main people like Harry and Ron and Hermione. Also that you can relate to what happens like if Harry get's ticked off you can relate to getting ticked off too.

• Book Jacket: Speak No Evil