Reader reviews and comments on Isabel's Daughter, plus links to write your own review.

Isabel's Daughter

by Judith Ryan Hendricks

Isabel's Daughter by Judith Ryan Hendricks X
Isabel's Daughter by Judith Ryan Hendricks

Jun 2003, 385 pages
    Jul 2004, 400 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Isabel's Daughter

Billie Z.

This is an absolutely wonderful book. This is the story of Avery James, the daughter of an artist (Isabel) who was deposited in a Foundling home at birth. Avery grows up painfully and constantly at a distance from those around her. The novel is set in Santa Fe and other small towns in New Mexico and what wonderful, beautiful locales they are! The book offers just the perfect amount of mysticism that fits the locales and the characters. Judi Hendricks has a wonderful ability to make you feel strongly about her characters and their actions (whether you agree or disagree) - yet you always want them to succeed. I felt the same way about Wyn in her first book, “Bread Alone”. The Avery you know through most of the book isn’t one I found myself caring for, but the Avery she becomes is a wonderful woman who finally allows herself to be the strong, kind, loving woman she always could have been under different circumstances. Read this book!!!
Theresa

I love this book. More than that, I love the way this book is written. Judith Ryan Hendricks had my attention from the moment I started the book until the second I put it down. Reading is one of my favorite past times, and I finish at least 2 books a week. This book , I finished on one Sunday afternoon - I could not put it down. I have not yet read her first novel, but I will be reading it in the very near future.

• Book Jacket: Women Talking
    Women Talking
    by Miriam Toews
    Miriam Toews' Women Talking is a circadian novel, unfolding over a span of just a few hours and ...
  • Book Jacket: Confessions of an Innocent Man
    Confessions of an Innocent Man
    by David R. Dow
    It is circumstance that carries the wave that sweeps trendy Houston restaurateur Rafael Zhettah to ...
  • Book Jacket: Memories of the Future
    Memories of the Future
    by Siri Hustvedt
    I've never kept a journal, but my mother has written in hers for years, the annual volumes she's ...
  • Book Jacket: Professor Chandra Follows His Bliss
    Professor Chandra Follows His Bliss
    by Rajeev Balasubramanyam
    Rajeev Balasubramanyam encapsulates the theme of Professor Chandra Follows his Bliss in its first ...

When We Left Cuba
    by Chanel Cleeton

An exhilarating historical novel from the author of Next Year in Havana, a Reese Witherspoon Book Club pick.

The Affairs of the Falcóns
    by Melissa Rivero

A beautiful, urgent novel about the lengths one woman is willing to go to build a new life.

Book Club
An American Marriage
by Tayari Jones

A masterpiece of storytelling, and a 2018 Oprah's Book Club Selection.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win Ecstasy

Win copies to share with friends or your book club!

Ecstasy reveals the true Alma Mahler: composer, author, daughter, mother, wife, lover, and muse.

A B Penny A T U