Reader reviews and comments on Isabel's Daughter, plus links to write your own review.

Isabel's Daughter

by Judith Ryan Hendricks

Isabel's Daughter by Judith Ryan Hendricks

Jun 2003, 385 pages
    Jul 2004, 400 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Isabel's Daughter

Billie Z. (08/29/03)

This is an absolutely wonderful book. This is the story of Avery James, the daughter of an artist (Isabel) who was deposited in a Foundling home at birth. Avery grows up painfully and constantly at a distance from those around her. The novel is set in Santa Fe and other small towns in New Mexico and what wonderful, beautiful locales they are! The book offers just the perfect amount of mysticism that fits the locales and the characters. Judi Hendricks has a wonderful ability to make you feel strongly about her characters and their actions (whether you agree or disagree) - yet you always want them to succeed. I felt the same way about Wyn in her first book, “Bread Alone”. The Avery you know through most of the book isn’t one I found myself caring for, but the Avery she becomes is a wonderful woman who finally allows herself to be the strong, kind, loving woman she always could have been under different circumstances. Read this book!!!
Theresa (08/28/03)

I love this book. More than that, I love the way this book is written. Judith Ryan Hendricks had my attention from the moment I started the book until the second I put it down. Reading is one of my favorite past times, and I finish at least 2 books a week. This book , I finished on one Sunday afternoon - I could not put it down. I have not yet read her first novel, but I will be reading it in the very near future.

Discover your next great read here

Ghachar Ghochar
    by Vivek Shanbhag
    The Bengaluru (aka Bangalore) that has dominated economic news headlines over the past decade is the...
  • Book Jacket: Caught in the Revolution

Our Short History
    by Lauren Grodstein

Mercies in Disguise
    by Gina Kolata

A story of hope, a family's genetic destiny, and the science that rescued them.

Beliefs are what divide people. Doubt unites them

O My D B