Reader reviews and comments on Getting Mother's Body, plus links to write your own review.

Getting Mother's Body

by Suzan-Lori Parks

Getting Mother's Body by Suzan-Lori Parks

May 2003, 272 pages
    Apr 2004, 288 pages

There is 1 reader review for Getting Mother's Body

JJ

A wonderfully entertaining read. Each chapter is written from the perspective of a central or supporting character, all of whom are quirky and unconventional. You soon learn whether or not the jewels are buried with Billy's mother, or do you? Nothing is quite the way it seems. The author scaffolds events in such a way that you feel as though you're part of this zany group, riding along through each rural, dusty Texas town in the early 1960's. It's not only the destination or final outcome, but the trip itself which leads Billy and those who love her to search their souls for forgiveness and self-acceptance. I couldn't wait to finish the book, and I hope it gets more word-of-mouth recommendations.

The Hermit
    by Jennifer Finney Boylan

Win News of the World

The Gypsy Moth Summer
    by Julia Fierro

One of the most anticipated books of 2017.

T's S I Numbers