Reader reviews and comments on Second Glance, plus links to write your own review.

Second Glance

by Jodi Picoult

Second Glance by Jodi Picoult X
Second Glance by Jodi Picoult

Apr 2003, 425 pages
    Mar 2004, 448 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Second Glance

purpleskin

second glance- a must read
I read this quite some time ago, but the plot and the story as well as the characters are still ingrained in my mind. I can still remember every little detail- that is how much I love this book.

It has romance for those romantic hearts and mystery for those who like being kept on their toes. The story keeps you guessing and questioning yourself about what will happen and what you know. its my favourite out of all Picoult's work.

This is definitely a must read.
Melissa

History repeats itself?
This was a book club selection for our group and it was an overwhelming favorite! Not only the story line of romance and mystery, but the controversial subject of eugenics. The book not only provided many great quotes we cited too, but there were very intelligent discussions on such current issues of genetic testing, genetic predetermination, fate, etc. Jodi does such a great job of writing a story around such intense subjects that you can approach the subject with a more open mind then you anticipate which, it the case of a book club, lead to very intellectual versus argumentative discussions.
Julianna

This book is great !!!!!!!!! I love it ..its sooo great !!!!!!!!! I'm going to do a book report on it for school .....i've already got a few people wodering "what happens next?" hehehe ...its a great wonderful book ....i've read it twice already...Jodi is a brilliant writer ..too bad there was no room or anything to make a sequel ....i know ..going a lil head of myself ..but thats how good it is, you just want more !!!!
kim jonas

not my most favorite
I am an avid reader across all genres but this one I had to really force myself to finish. The reason why I picked this book up was because of My Sisters Keeper (somber, yet extraordinarily compelling) by same author.

I am a huge fan of the supernatural, ghosts etc. and yet this had so much (supernatural stuff) in it, it got to be really really hokey.

It had a lot of characters with strange names to keep straight and jumped around a lot...you don't want to do a lot of putting down and picking up with this novel.

There is no doubt that Picoult did an inordinate amount of research with the book and some of it's topics are based on strong foundations in reality...but she needs to research/read or watch more supernatural/sci fi/ghost hunting (Chris Carter; X Files) in order to use it in a more compelling and believable manner...it came off really silly.

• Book Jacket: A Spark of Light
    by Hank Green
  • Book Jacket: Waiting for Eden
    Waiting for Eden
    by Elliot Ackerman
    Elliot Ackerman's latest novel, Waiting for Eden, follows Marine Eden Malcom as his death ...
  • Book Jacket: A Well-Behaved Woman
    A Well-Behaved Woman
    by Therese Anne Fowler
    The full title of A Well-Behaved Woman includes the subtitle A Novel of the Vanderbilts which is ...

Unsheltered
by Barbara Kingsolver

A timely novel that explores the human capacity for resiliency and compassion.

The Travelling Cat Chronicles
    by Hiro Arikawa

A life-affirming anthem to kindness and self-sacrifice.

Paris Echo
    by Sebastian Faulks

A story of resistance, complicity, and an unlikely, transformative friendship.

Win Strangers in Budapest

Strangers in Budapest

A couple trying to make a new life in a foreign land find themselves drawn into a cultural and generational vendetta.

N M I A T Law