Reader reviews and comments on Hard Rain, plus links to write your own review.

Hard Rain

by Barry Eisler

Hard Rain by Barry Eisler X
Hard Rain by Barry Eisler

Not Yet Rated
    Jul 2003, 352 pages
    Jul 2004, 384 pages

There is 1 reader review for Hard Rain

The research is there, and the tension, and the insights, and ideas, but immediate scene is lacking. I feel there's too much narrative, not enough action, though the tenison is building, the expectations rising. The genre has something to do with this, and I think it needs
updating, modernising. I'm not a great reader of thrillers, although I think the tone is suitably worldy, and tough, to maintain
credibilty in the character and the plot. Review based on web excerpts only. But like a pop song, sometimes a few seconds is all you need to evaluate your response. Hvaing said this, I'm sure I could read the book, and enjoy it.

• Book Jacket: Vita Nostra
    A Spark of Light
    by Jodi Picoult

Unsheltered
by Barbara Kingsolver

A timely novel that explores the human capacity for resiliency and compassion.

A Ladder to the Sky
    by John Boyne

A seductive, unputdownable psychodrama following one brilliant, ruthless man.

Paris Echo
    by Sebastian Faulks

A story of resistance, complicity, and an unlikely, transformative friendship.

Win Severance