Reader reviews and comments on The Devil Wears Prada, plus links to write your own review.

The Devil Wears Prada

Apr 2004, 320 pages

There are currently 25 reader reviews for The Devil Wears Prada

K.K latest fashions

the devil wears - PRADA
This book is amazing in all ways, it's a fashionable but comedy book. I mean what does a women want more than that?

This book might take a little while to develop, however once it does get to the main plot it proves an excellent read. As a reader a person can laugh and feel frustrated along with the narrator, Andy. She provides an inside look into the fashion world, but also what it is like to work for a boss from Hell. Weisberger does a great job with this book.
Ashley Payne

I think that Lauren Weisberger did an incredible job. The book is hilarious and I have enjoyed every minute of it!!!!!!!

As an executive assistant (way outside of fashion) I can so relate to the insanity. I love that book. Its original, fun, easy to read AND it is ever so true.
I will give copies to my exec collegues for christmas.
Unbelievable but true: none of that stuff is exaggerated, moreover: It happens around the globe in every business.
I feel in such good company. Thanks!

Having been personal assistant 3+ years to a woman executive in another (non-fashion) industry, what I took from this book wasn't the "insider detail" about fashion. Though the book's "in the moment" descriptions (including name-dropping of both "haute" faskion and today's "famous") makes it a fun, fast and easy read - perfect for summer (and easy to envision on the Big Screen - wouldn't Hugh Grant make a great Christian, with the same brown curl on his forehead) - what I enjoyed was how Lauren Weisberger NAILED the experience of working for a demanding female boss. If I'd read it 4 years ago, I'd even have implemented The Bulletin - it answered how best to record the hundreds of phone calls, requests and To-Do's we were expected to manage every week! There's nothing "unreal" about how Miranda rattled off her demands in stacatto fashion - my boss did the same thing! I considered buying several copies of the book and giving them to friends and family who didn't understand what I was going through at the time. Frankly, once you've lived in that world, you realize it isn't YOU who was being self-centered and selfish when you "ignored" your friends. It was them, ever unable to understand what complete, total exhaustion and constrant battering does to a human spirit. A year later, in a new job I love - I'm still healing from the experience! But, OH, did I learn a lot. GREAT work, Lauren W.!!!

I really enjoyed this book, I would highly reccomend it. It kept me laughing for a long time. It's a nice e.asy read

This book was hysterical. "Andrea's" sarcastic wit combined with "Miranda's" ridiculous behavior was a perfect match. I often found myself laughing outload only to look up and find people looking at me. The book was a quick read that should make anyone else feel better about their own boss/job.

I thought this book was incredible. i barely ever read books but this one i could not put down form the minute I started readinit . It does potray many bosses form all differnt types of companies in different industires.

• Book Jacket: Auntie Poldi and the Sicilian Lions