Reader reviews and comments on Small Wonder, plus links to write your own review.

Small Wonder

by Barbara Kingsolver

Small Wonder by Barbara Kingsolver

Apr 2002, 288 pages
    Apr 2003, 288 pages

There is 1 reader review for Small Wonder

Power Reviewer Cloggie Downunder

The voice of reason
Small Wonder, Barbara Kingsolver’s second book of essays, was written after the events of 9/11, and touches on subjects as diverse as Terrorism, why the world doesn’t like America, Genetic Modification, Teenagers, Mothers, and Self-Sustainability. While I may not have agreed with every single word of the essays, on the whole, I found Kingsolver’s to be the Voice of Reason. As with her previous book of essays, High Tide in Tucson, there were some aspects that avid readers of Kingsolver’s novels would have found reflected there. The essays are interesting and thought-provoking. The essay on Genetic Modification is particularly succinct. I would recommend this book, not just to Kingsolver fans, but to anyone who wants to read a reasonable point of view.

• Book Jacket: Do Not Become Alarmed
    by Jeffrey Lent

Win News of the World

The Gypsy Moth Summer
    by Julia Fierro

One of the most anticipated books of 2017.

T's S I Numbers