Reader reviews and comments on A Short History of Nearly Everything, plus links to write your own review.

A Short History of Nearly Everything

by Bill Bryson

A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson X
A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson

May 2003, 560 pages
    Sep 2004, 560 pages

There are currently 15 reader reviews for A Short History of Nearly Everything

Macca

I wish had read this book before I did my science degree....it would have saved three years of my life. Bryson's book has reinvigorated my youthful curiosity for knowledge. 'It's breathtaking, I suggest you try it.'
Peter Kirby

A terrific read, Bryson cleverly blends science and wit.
Tara Winter

A interesting look at the scientific take on life
Steve Pearce

Bryson's sheer readability turns some of the most complex ideas imaginable into a wonderfully entertaining book, packed full of humour and fascinating detail. A quite incredible achievement, particularly when one considers he was travelling at 600 miles per hour while writing it!
Tony Taylor Retired Engineer

It fills in the education gap some of which I should have been taught at school!
Jack Beadle

I only read a short bit though at the moment it seems to be a very enjoyable book and i look forward to reading more.
Luke

Amazing
Simon Wood

I have been waiting all my post teen life for someone to produce a book like Bill's. It's great read. It is scientifically Educational to laymen like myself as well as offering vast historical insight of the founders (or should I say the occasional charlaten) of what we know and understand today about our planets and ourselves.
Our education systems should ensure that this book is prefered reading for all children between 11 - 16.
Well done Bill.

by D.B. John
  • Book Jacket: The Abbot's Tale
    The Abbot's Tale
    by Conn Iggulden
    The Abbot's Tale purports to be a re-discovered manuscript written by a real historical figure,...

Music of the Ghosts by Vaddey Ratner

Me, Myself and Them
    by Dan Mooney

A fresh, funny and heart-wrenching story about human connection and the power of friendship.

Win A Place for Us