Reader reviews and comments on Dark Star Safari, plus links to write your own review.

Dark Star Safari

Apr 2004, 496 pages

There is 1 reader review for Dark Star Safari

kyoozoo

Another Theroux-ly good book
Politically incorrect but very fair, as usual for Theroux. People are what this book is all about, and Theroux is thrilled to bits to be around them, any of them, so he can poke, prod, discuss, listen, love them all, begrudgingly sometimes. Another very fun adventure tale for deep thinkers, another witty but serious expose (can't put the accent on the final E of EXPOSE on my computer) of what makes Africa tick and not tick, and of those non-Africans who profess to be trying to help.

• Book Jacket: Treeborne
    Treeborne
    by Caleb Johnson
    The Treeborne family has lived on The Seven – the local sobriquet for a seven-acre stretch of ...
    Grace