Reader reviews and comments on Shutter Island, plus links to write your own review.

Shutter Island

Apr 2004, 416 pages

There are currently 7 reader reviews for Shutter Island

Straberry (01/26/11)

Why i like it so much
This movie is by far my favorite of all times, the director of it is a genius! it plays with our minds at first and i like that because it builds suspense. I highly recommend everyone to watch it, you will not regret it.
Raffie (04/06/10)

Wonderful story!!
Shutter Island is one of the best book I have ever read in my life (and I have been averaging a book every two-three days for 33 years now). The characters are so real the reader feels for them; the plot is magnificent; the end is unpredictable and ties everything up beautifully. I enjoyed this book so much I will recommend it to friends and family. If you want a book that will stay with you long after reading the last page, go for Shutter Island! You won't be disappointed. =)
sandee (02/11/10)

great read
I loved this book. I'm not sure about the ending. Was Teddy crazy or did the island make him crazy?
Timmy O (02/05/05)

This was a great one! I couldn't put it down and finished it in one day. Wow!
Franny (11/08/04)

Wow! I loved this book. I can't stop thinking about it. It's different than what I'm use to. I liked the ending, especially the fact that there is no ending! I can't stop thinking about this book. It's kinda freaking me out. I hear it's going to be a movie, but the Hollywood folk don't like the ending. Of course they don't. The author wants to challenge us. Hollywood wants us to be drones.
Megan (07/07/04)

I thought that this book was interesting and suspensful. I would recomend it to anyone who wants a quick read that will leave you baffled at the end.
SandyA (11/28/03)

This book is outstanding. It is difficult to review without giving away crucial details, but the protaganist of the story is unlike any other in fiction. He is a strong man, physically and in his convictions, and, it would seem, a model citizen to whom cruel twists of fate have disrupted his life and his happiness. Read on and prepare to be astounded.

• Book Jacket: The Story of Arthur Truluv
    by Louise Erdrich

The Second Mrs. Hockaday by Susan Rivers

The Story of Arthur Truluv
    by Elizabeth Berg

The thing that cowardice fears most is decision

E Dog H I D