Reader reviews and comments on Shutter Island, plus links to write your own review.

Shutter Island

Apr 2004, 416 pages

There are currently 7 reader reviews for Shutter Island

Straberry (01/26/11)

Why i like it so much
This movie is by far my favorite of all times, the director of it is a genius! it plays with our minds at first and i like that because it builds suspense. I highly recommend everyone to watch it, you will not regret it.
Raffie (04/06/10)

Wonderful story!!
Shutter Island is one of the best book I have ever read in my life (and I have been averaging a book every two-three days for 33 years now). The characters are so real the reader feels for them; the plot is magnificent; the end is unpredictable and ties everything up beautifully. I enjoyed this book so much I will recommend it to friends and family. If you want a book that will stay with you long after reading the last page, go for Shutter Island! You won't be disappointed. =)
sandee (02/11/10)

great read
I loved this book. I'm not sure about the ending. Was Teddy crazy or did the island make him crazy?
Timmy O (02/05/05)

This was a great one! I couldn't put it down and finished it in one day. Wow!
Franny (11/08/04)

Wow! I loved this book. I can't stop thinking about it. It's different than what I'm use to. I liked the ending, especially the fact that there is no ending! I can't stop thinking about this book. It's kinda freaking me out. I hear it's going to be a movie, but the Hollywood folk don't like the ending. Of course they don't. The author wants to challenge us. Hollywood wants us to be drones.
Megan (07/07/04)

I thought that this book was interesting and suspensful. I would recomend it to anyone who wants a quick read that will leave you baffled at the end.
SandyA (11/28/03)

This book is outstanding. It is difficult to review without giving away crucial details, but the protaganist of the story is unlike any other in fiction. He is a strong man, physically and in his convictions, and, it would seem, a model citizen to whom cruel twists of fate have disrupted his life and his happiness. Read on and prepare to be astounded.

• Book Jacket: Sunburn
    Sunburn
    by Laura Lippman
    Crime writer Laura Lippman is both prolific and versatile. After spending years as a reporter for ...
  • Book Jacket: The Wife Between Us
    The Wife Between Us
    by Sarah Pekkanen, Greer Hendricks
    The Wife Between Us is an intriguing collaboration between first-time novelist Greer Hendricks and ...
  • Book Jacket: The Wife Between Us