Reader reviews and comments on Guns, Germs & Steel, plus links to write your own review.

Guns, Germs & Steel

by Jared Diamond

Guns, Germs & Steel by Jared Diamond X
Guns, Germs & Steel by Jared Diamond

Mar 1997, 480 pages
    Apr 1999, 480 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Guns, Germs & Steel

Kitty-San

Wow. Diamond's work in this book was amazing. Simply delectable. This book is written in a way that it keeps interest even though some say it is a bit long. But truely, for the ground it covers, its ever so short. I recommend this book to anyone willing to take some time to discover more about our past and what the future might hold for us. Please keep in mind, this is from the mouth of a 14 year old.
Paul

Brilliant. Compelling. Okay, it is a bit long, but well worth the read and sticking with it. The vaste panorama of human history will be laid out for you, and your understanding of how - and why - civilisation developed they way it did will change the way you look at the world.

It is rare that such an "academic" book deserves so many superlatives, but this one does. If you have the slightest interest in prehistory and the development of mankind on a global stage, this is the book for you. If you don't have any interest in these topics, this book is still for you!
T.L.

Well, Let's See....
This is a good book. It may have some boring parts on it, but it's not to entertain you anyways. It's to inform you. And this book is a carefully thought-out, use all your resources, take 30 or more years to finish, AMAZING book. Jared Diamond had to be VERY dedicated to finish his research. I probably would've quit on the 3rd day! But all Diamond's work paid off to have a very successful, informative book published, and he should praise himself in that.
Megan

GG&S is a really bad read!!!
I think this book is absolutely terrible. It is not only horribly boring, but terribly redundant.

• Book Jacket: We Set the Dark on Fire
    We Set the Dark on Fire
    by Tehlor Mejia
    On the island of Medio, a wall separates the wealthy elite from those less fortunate who lack the ...
  • Book Jacket: Black Leopard, Red Wolf
    Black Leopard, Red Wolf
    by Marlon James
    If you are looking for an indulgent, escapist fantasy, Black Leopard, Red Wolf may not be for you. ...
  • Book Jacket: That Time I Loved You
    That Time I Loved You
    by Carianne Leung
    Carrianne Leung was a Toronto Book Award finalist for That Time I Loved You as well as for her debut...
  • Book Jacket: The Pianist from Syria
    The Pianist from Syria
    by Aeham Ahmad
    Aeham Ahmad became famous as the face of Syrian suffering when a photo of him playing piano in the ...

My Lovely Wife
    by Samantha Downing

Dexter meets Mr. and Mrs. Smith in this wildly compulsive debut thriller.

The Last Year of the War
    by Susan Meissner

A little-known story of WWII with great resonance for our times.

Book Club
Girls Burn Brighter
by Shobha Rao

An extraordinary and heart-rending tale of two girls with all the odds against them.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win The Summer Country

Win up to 12 copies to share with friends or your book club!

A sweeping epic of lost love, lies, jealousy, and rebellion set in colonial Barbados.

D T T! Full S A!