Reader reviews and comments on The Da Vinci Code, plus links to write your own review.

The Da Vinci Code

Da Vinic Code
I like it very much, and I got the other books by Dan Brown
cryptic moon (06/15/11)

nothing to say!!
woow!! What a book is this? I've never read a book like this before. But sometime I lost the coincidence. In every chapter Mr. Brown creates new things which I like the most. But the thing was that, being a high school student, at first I didn't get it exactly. But, when I got through this book by Wikipedia I got it properly and wanna give thanks !! This is it....wanna get new books from Mr Brown. Ohh!! One thing, as a high school student I am not good at English, if I have made any mistakes please forgive me.
Peter (01/05/08)

Wait til you read this
DA VINCI CODE, for all the hoopla, generated more heat than it merited. As a page turner, pulling the reader in and keeping him/her to the end, it achieved its goal, though it isn't by any means a classic of literature. I don't think Brown meant it to be as controversial as it turned out to be, made so by people who took it too seriously.
Ashlyn R (10/21/07)

what a book!
This "on my toes" mystery was jammed packed with action from the very first pages. "The Da Vinci Code" by Dan Brown was fast moving and kept me thinking the entire time. I did not want to put it down. I LOVED IT!
Chris C. (10/21/07)

A Good Book
I think this book is very well written in many ways. I think that the character development is well put together and the characters fit well with the plot. I found this book very interesting and enjoyed all of the twists and turns. It is a very well thought out and adventurous piece of literature. It is a fast paced novel that ties in many facts with fiction. Overall, I think it was it was an excellent, interesting piece of work that could be enjoyed by all.
jan (09/01/06)

The da vinci code
i am 21 years old, and i have read this book over 5 times now, and each time i read it..i always discover something new which i have never noticed before. this amazing quality was quite absent in all the others books i ve read.all through the book, the way brown has woven such a beautiful work, with all the peices falling in place at the right time. the suspense, the anagrams, the puzzles, and the greatest mystery which is unleashed at the end.. sure keeps the reader at the edge of his seat. i ve no doubt, leaving all religious stuff aside, one will truly enjoy the book for its breath-taking mystery and am sure that this book is going to make history...
Nickk (05/20/06)

The Da Vinci Code
This book is great and if you are upset about "anti-religious" elements in the book, remember it's just fiction.
Reality Check (04/18/06)

Am I crazy?
Has the world gone mad? How can people like this book so much? Have they never read a truly great work, a classic?

All I can say is that this is a nice simple book for nice simple people. I was very disappointed. The plot was childish

I think this will be a rare case where the movie is better than the book.

The plot had major potential but the book was wirtten so that it was easy to understand even by children. The characters are paper thin and many of the "twists" are laughable.

I want an apology from the major book reviewers who I suspect were coerced into giving such glowing reviews.

• Book Jacket: How to Stop Time
    How to Stop Time
    by Matt Haig
  • Book Jacket: Mothers of Sparta
    Mothers of Sparta
    by Dawn Davies
    What it's about:
    The tagline on the back cover of Mothers of Sparta says it all: "Some women...
  • Book Jacket: Fortress America
    Fortress America
    by Elaine Tyler May
  • Book Jacket: The Friend
    The Friend
    by Sigrid Nunez
    Sigrid Nunez is one of the most underrated authors writing today. Her work is so lovely, so ...

The Women in the Castle by Jessica Shattuck

Next Year in Havana
    by Chanel Cleeton

a Cuban-American woman travels to Havana, where she finds a family secret hidden since the revolution.

Only Child
    by Rhiannon Navin

Win The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore

The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore

A gripping novel from the award-winning author of For Today I Am a Boy.

G O T P, B The P, F T P