Reader reviews and comments on Rescuing Patty Hearst, plus links to write your own review.

Rescuing Patty Hearst

Mar 2004, 256 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Rescuing Patty Hearst

Sharon

Rescuing Patty Hearst
Awesome, I can't believe there are others who have gone through and survived the madness put upon them by a parent, I understand. I wish I could talk to Virginia.
thoby155

Rescuing Patty Hearst by Virginia Holman.

Just finished reading this and it was incredible!

I could relate to Gingie, having grown up in a family of 9 with my mother an undiagnosted manic depressive. The story of the author's life shows just how disruptive to a family mental illness can be.

I enjoyed the way the author switched from the present (2000) to her childhood memories.

Although you are left with the feeling things were worse, the author doesn't go into great desciptive detail. She is very respectful of her parents and and sister's privacy.

• Book Jacket: Happiness
    Happiness
    by Heather Harpham
    Of the 53 reviews submitted for Happiness, 49 readers rated it a four- or five-star book for an ...
    My Name Is Leon
    by Kit De Waal
  • Book Jacket: New People
    New People
    by Danzy Senna

Little Nothing by Marisa Silver

A stunning, provocative new novel from New York Times bestselling author Marisa Silver

The Heart's Invisible Furies