Reader reviews and comments on Rescuing Patty Hearst, plus links to write your own review.

Memories from a Decade Gone Mad

by Virginia Holman

Feb 2003, 256 pages
    Mar 2004, 256 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Rescuing Patty Hearst

Sharon (02/06/09)

Rescuing Patty Hearst
Awesome, I can't believe there are others who have gone through and survived the madness put upon them by a parent, I understand. I wish I could talk to Virginia.
thoby155 (10/11/03)

Rescuing Patty Hearst by Virginia Holman.

Just finished reading this and it was incredible!

I could relate to Gingie, having grown up in a family of 9 with my mother an undiagnosted manic depressive. The story of the author's life shows just how disruptive to a family mental illness can be.

I enjoyed the way the author switched from the present (2000) to her childhood memories.

Although you are left with the feeling things were worse, the author doesn't go into great desciptive detail. She is very respectful of her parents and and sister's privacy.

One Month Free Membership

The Book That Matters Most
    by Ann Hood

All the Ugly and Wonderful Things
    by Bryn Greenwood

A memorable coming-of-age tale about loyalty, defiance, and the power of love.

The Book That Matters Most
    by Ann Hood

An enthralling novel about love, loss, secrets and friendship.

Circling the Sun