Reader reviews and comments on Rescuing Patty Hearst, plus links to write your own review.

Rescuing Patty Hearst

Mar 2004, 256 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Rescuing Patty Hearst

Sharon

Rescuing Patty Hearst
Awesome, I can't believe there are others who have gone through and survived the madness put upon them by a parent, I understand. I wish I could talk to Virginia.
thoby155

Rescuing Patty Hearst by Virginia Holman.

Just finished reading this and it was incredible!

I could relate to Gingie, having grown up in a family of 9 with my mother an undiagnosted manic depressive. The story of the author's life shows just how disruptive to a family mental illness can be.

I enjoyed the way the author switched from the present (2000) to her childhood memories.

Although you are left with the feeling things were worse, the author doesn't go into great desciptive detail. She is very respectful of her parents and and sister's privacy.

Smoke
    by Dan Vyleta
  • Book Jacket: Golden Hill
    Golden Hill
    by Francis Spufford
  • Book Jacket: Midnight at the Electric
    Midnight at the Electric
    by Jodi Lynn Anderson
    The world changes, but humanity stays the same. Whether a book takes place in the year 1510 or 2010,...

Win The Library of Light and Shadow