Reader reviews and comments on Something More, plus links to write your own review.

Something More

Oct 1998, 352 pages
    Sep 2000, 368 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Something More

T Prince
I have begun the search for my authentic self. The love of my life bought Simple Abundance, Ban Breathnach's previous masterpiece, for me so that I might find my true voice in this life. I never imagined what an impact these two books would have on my life. Finding oneself is not an easy task-it truly is an excavation. Sifting through layers of discontent, broken relationships, squelched dreams, failings, disappointments, and other such life challenges is a slow, grueling process. However, Ban Breathnach's writings make this arduous journey-that is what it is, a divine excursion into the depths of one's soul. I am 24. I was a lost soul. I had suffered years of despair and broken hearts. These two books have given me the courage, the wisdom, the strength, the spiritual fortitude, to realize that there is indeed something more. Not in a bottle of booze, nor cashmere sweater in a department store window. The Divine is inside us all. Right there for us to embrace or ignore. Women o! f all ages can be transformed by the Simple Abundance and Something More philosophies. After one reads these books, she should pass them on to someone she loves.

Rosalia Estrada
Something More is a terrific book. It helped me get over my depression. Each time I pick up the book I would realize that there is something more than meets the eye. I recommend this book to anyone that would like to discover the brilliance of their authentic self.

• Book Jacket: In Extremis
    Let It Bang
    by RJ Young

Unsheltered
by Barbara Kingsolver

A timely novel that explores the human capacity for resiliency and compassion.

Paris Echo
    by Sebastian Faulks

A story of resistance, complicity, and an unlikely, transformative friendship.

A Ladder to the Sky
    by John Boyne

A seductive, unputdownable psychodrama following one brilliant, ruthless man.

Win Severance