Reader reviews and comments on Something More, plus links to write your own review.

Something More

Oct 1998, 352 pages
    Sep 2000, 368 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Something More

T Prince
I have begun the search for my authentic self. The love of my life bought Simple Abundance, Ban Breathnach's previous masterpiece, for me so that I might find my true voice in this life. I never imagined what an impact these two books would have on my life. Finding oneself is not an easy task-it truly is an excavation. Sifting through layers of discontent, broken relationships, squelched dreams, failings, disappointments, and other such life challenges is a slow, grueling process. However, Ban Breathnach's writings make this arduous journey-that is what it is, a divine excursion into the depths of one's soul. I am 24. I was a lost soul. I had suffered years of despair and broken hearts. These two books have given me the courage, the wisdom, the strength, the spiritual fortitude, to realize that there is indeed something more. Not in a bottle of booze, nor cashmere sweater in a department store window. The Divine is inside us all. Right there for us to embrace or ignore. Women o! f all ages can be transformed by the Simple Abundance and Something More philosophies. After one reads these books, she should pass them on to someone she loves.

Rosalia Estrada
Something More is a terrific book. It helped me get over my depression. Each time I pick up the book I would realize that there is something more than meets the eye. I recommend this book to anyone that would like to discover the brilliance of their authentic self.

• Book Jacket: The Pianist from Syria
    The Pianist from Syria
    by Aeham Ahmad
    Aeham Ahmad became famous as the face of Syrian suffering when a photo of him playing piano in the ...
  • Book Jacket: The Smiling Man
    The Smiling Man
    by Joseph Knox
    Joseph Knox's latest turns on a simple premise: an unidentified and unidentifiable murdered man is ...
  • Book Jacket: The Heavens
    The Heavens
    by Sandra Newman
    I've been a big fan of Sandra Newman's writing ever since reading her 2014 novel The Country of Ice ...
  • Book Jacket: Sugar Run
    Sugar Run
    by Mesha Maren
    Mesha Maren's debut novel is a plunge into the depths of the dark Southern gothic with pulsing and ...

The Last Year of the War
    by Susan Meissner

A little-known story of WWII with great resonance for our times.

A People's History of Heaven
    by Mathangi Subramanian

A story of love and friendship, and fighting for the places we love.

Book Club
Girls Burn Brighter
by Shobha Rao

An extraordinary and heart-rending tale of two girls with all the odds against them.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win The Summer Country

Win up to 12 copies to share with friends or your book club!

A sweeping epic of lost love, lies, jealousy, and rebellion set in colonial Barbados.

D T T! Full S A!