Reader reviews and comments on The Seduction of Silence, plus links to write your own review.

The Seduction of Silence

by Bem Le Hunte

The Seduction of Silence by Bem Le Hunte X
The Seduction of Silence by Bem Le Hunte

Jan 2003, 416 pages
    Mar 2004, 416 pages

There is 1 reader review for The Seduction of Silence

Firefighterlady

I finished this book early this morning. I read the entire book in less than 2 days -- quite an accomplishment for me!! I was hooked on the book even before I finished the Prologue. I have always had a fascination with the Hindu/Indian culture and have had difficulty getting into some of the other novels by Hindu/Indian authors -- that was definitely not the case this time!! The characters were all so vivid and rich. I could actually picture how they looked. I felt as though I was right there alongside the characters. The descriptions of the lands and people were outstanding. The differences in customs and caste of people were handled very delicately. It was the type of book that you did not want to end. I have felt out of sorts all day because the book is over. You could definitely tell that the main character was a holy person. There are sections of the book that I have marked and will reread upon occasion. I recommend this book to anyone who would like nice escape for a few days or would wish to give a lovely gift to a special person. I hope everyone enjoys the book as much as I did. Kudos to Ms. Le Hunte!! I look forward to future books by her. Kudos to Davina for offering the interview, biography, excerpt, and reading guide!! This book touched my soul!!

• Book Jacket: And The Ocean Was Our Sky
    An Absolutely Remarkable Thing
    by Hank Green

Unsheltered
by Barbara Kingsolver

A timely novel that explores the human capacity for resiliency and compassion.

The Kinship of Secrets
    by Eugenia Kim

Paris Echo
    by Sebastian Faulks

A story of resistance, complicity, and an unlikely, transformative friendship.

Win Severance