Reader reviews and comments on Derailed, plus links to write your own review.

by James Siegel

Derailed by James Siegel X
Derailed by James Siegel

Feb 2003, 304 pages
    Jun 2004, 400 pages

There are currently 8 reader reviews for Derailed

Pam

Very exciting book
I was gripped by the plot from the very beginning. It was one of those books that it was difficult to put down.
E

OUTSTANDING BOOK!
I read the entire book in one night...simply an outstanding novel that kept my attention until the last page.
Tawnie

Derailed
I made the mistake of watching the movie before reading the book. THe movie was good (my favorite movie actually) But the book was so much better! I had many sleepless nights just reading this book...I couldnt put it down. I highly recommened this book!!
AJ

What I think... (so far)
I am more than half way though the book, and I find it to be pretty intense and entertaining. Although, I do agree that there are many racial slurs in the novel. This can't help but make me wonder if James Seigel is prejudice himself. Honestly, if you don't like any bit of racism, then don't read the book. As for me, I am a biracial high school student, and it doesn't bother me to the point where I need to put the book down.
Jill

Derailed
First book I have read by this author. A real page turner.
Joe Ayers

I read approximately 50 novels each year and this one had so many plot twists that I couldn't put it down. Definitely the book of the year.
Suzi

I want this book! I simply read the excerpt and that was enough! Talk about gripping!
Tamika D.

I'm a 22 year old African American female that lives in San Diego, CA. A friend at work told me about this book and said that it was so intense that he couldn't finish the book, he explained the plot and I said that I'll read it. I read through the first few chapters and was immediately discusted because this book is full of racial comments towards (mainly) African Americans and Hispanics. I stopped reading it because I was upset and I tried to get through the book thinking it was my imagination. I read through another chapter and again, there was his racism. I told a friend that I would put money on the fact that he made the mugger something other than "Caucasian" so I jump to that chapter and of course there was more racism. I don't like the book because it is subcontiously telling people to pretty much watch their back from us "sloe eyed Black" people. The sentence was actually "Sloe Eyed black Man" in the book. I personally think this display of racism should be taken off the shelfs in bookstores!

• Book Jacket: The Winter Soldier
    The Winter Soldier
    by Daniel Mason
    Imagine the thousands of confounding cases doctors face routinely for which diagnoses are hard to ...
  • Book Jacket: Brother
    Brother
    by David Chariandy
    Brother is the brief, moving account of how a single, tragic moment in time can alter the course of ...
    The Islamic Enlightenment
    by Christopher de Bellaigue
  • Book Jacket: The Spy of Venice
    The Spy of Venice
    by Benet Brandreth
    Benet Brandreth's delightfully diverting historical thriller brings the Bard to vibrant life. ...

The Ninth Hour by Alice McDermott

A crowning achievement of one of the finest American writers at work today.

Sold on a Monday
    by Kristina McMorris

An unforgettable novel inspired by a stunning piece of history.

Win The Clockmaker's Daughter