Reader reviews and comments on Any Human Heart, plus links to write your own review.

Any Human Heart

Feb 2003, 496 pages
    Jan 2004, 512 pages

There is 1 reader review for Any Human Heart

walter sarfatti

from Montevideo to London (Glebe Place)
I walked into my local library in San Gimignano and picked up a book by the title Ogni cuore Umano by William Boyd and even by breaking a principal I have in not reading British literature in translation (I am half English) I was not able to obey this principle!
By diving into the journal of Logan Mountstuart I found myself and am still there in the London atmosphere described by my mother and which my mother knew so well as she belonged to a family of British artists connected to the London literary world (The Garman sisters).

My father Mario Sarfatti, spent those war years in London as a Jewish refugee and worked at the BBC all through world war 2.

So thank you Mr Boyd for such an imaginative idea and for an imaginative journal which has touched me very strongly.

• Book Jacket: The Perfectionists