MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on The King of Torts, plus links to write your own review.

The King of Torts

by John Grisham

The King of Torts

Feb 2003, 384 pages
    Dec 2003, 480 pages

There are currently 25 reader reviews for The King of Torts

Follower of Torts (10/24/05)

Thought on King of Torts
To me, this book was very interesting at the beginning. The action, the drama and the descriptiosn were very entertaining.

The middle of the book was the best part with all the suing and stuff, but as it got towards the end, it got out of hand.

Although this book was one of the best law-related books i've read, the ending was really rushed up in a way and wasn't the best of what Grisham is capable of.
momo (02/22/05)

this is my first grisham book and i liked it although i have read better books this one was good but it took me a while not a quick read if you want one! but worth your time
Paulette Sioson (09/30/04)

I finally finished the book (after 48 years!). It was well written. The characters are entirely believable ... so is the story. Yey for the ending.
Drob (07/30/04)

Im 15 and I, once again, loved the newest novel by Grisham. Keep up the good work John.
Lynne' (06/07/04)

I really, really enjoyed this book. This was the first book that I have read of Grisham and trust me...it will not be the last. It gave all of the suspense that a thriller "tastefully" should have. It kept me on my toes and when I put it down, I thoutht about it constantly. I thought I would lose my job because I was reading instead of working. I rank Grisham in the category I rank John Sandford ...TOP SHELF, SUPERB!!!!!!

A Tort King (04/09/04)

The way the book starts out is very interesting. But as you read and get to the middle of the book, it gets boring. You can't just close the book because you want to know what happens next, and you don't feel like reading it either. At the end you get completely tired of the book.
But I still think that it is a great book. That is because, I felt that I learned something out of it. Before I read this book, I really had no idea what "tort" was. Now, after completing this book, I have a clear idea on how tort laws work. Grisham did a good job of convincing me that America does infact need reform bills for tort laws.
Maybe the book wouldn't have been that boring if it was not assigned and I didn't have to complete it within a certain time span!
My age: 18
Kasper Rueskov (03/08/04)

I must admit, that I felt a little disappointed at the end, though reasonably well entertained in the middle of the book. I feel that the ending was an antiklimax. I mean, suddenly the Feds stop contacting Clay, but nobody asks why? However, I enjoyed many of the characters, as I found Patton French and Ridley pretty realistic, though Rebecca was too feebly descriped. I do recommend this book, but compared to e.g. The Firm (an obvious 5 out of 5) this leaves you wondering, what this one missed.
josh (03/01/04)

This book was awful, even worse than the summons. I loved runaway jury and enjoyed the brethren, but this one was no good. The whole thing just makes you dislike every single character, from the businesses to every single lawyer and pretty much all the side characters. The ending felt like the end of a South Park episode: "I've learned something today..." Call me old fashioned, but i like to put down a book and feel like at least ONE of the characters was a decent human being.

• Book Jacket: Murder at the 42nd Street Library
    Murder at the 42nd Street Library
    by Con Lehane
    It doesn't matter if you're stopping in your favorite library to quickly pick up a book, or settling...
  • Book Jacket: The Loney
    The Loney
    by Andrew Hurley
    Landscape can be a writer's best friend. Whether it's the mountains of England's lake...
  • Book Jacket: The Mirror Thief
    The Mirror Thief
    by Martin Seay
    It is easy to see why Martin Seay's debut novel, The Mirror Thief, has been compared to David ...

The Alaskan Laundry
    by Brendan Jones

A fresh debut novel about a young woman who moves to Alaska and finds herself through the hard work of fishing.

Win The Children

From NYT bestselling author Ann Leary

The captivating story of an unconventional New England family.

Girl Waits with Gun