Reader reviews and comments on The Jesus Thief, plus links to write your own review.

The Jesus Thief

by J.R. Lankford

The Jesus Thief by J.R. Lankford X
The Jesus Thief by J.R. Lankford

• Published:
    Mar 2003, 287 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Jesus Thief

The Jesus Thief has something for everyone. Lankford explores concepts that are important to all of us -- love, religion, family, ethnic identity, relationships, loyalty -- and shows us true-to-life characters negotiating these common principles in an extraordinary situation. While I enjoyed the book's plot -- cloning Jesus -- Lankford's treatment of the people who act through the story is engrossing. In that respect, the novel's exciting twists and turns serve to bring out the best (and worst) in her well-drawn characters. A great read. If this one doesn't keep you up all night...tell a doctor that you think you have narcolepsy.
Dave Shields

Jilla Lankford's earth-shattering new novel, the extraordinary tale of a man who attempts to clone Christ, doesn't merely deliver on the high expectations created by such a blockbuster idea, it exceeds them in every way. Lankford handles weighty issues with a deft hand as she first broaches, then resolves topics far beyond the scope of an ordinary novel. Almost miraculously, the various threads of the story weave together into a tapestry that ultimately encompasses both the modern history of man and the current state of world affairs. To call this story important is an understatement. You should definitely read this book.

• Book Jacket: The Inflamed Mind
    The Inflamed Mind
    by Edward Bullmore
    It is common knowledge that depression diminishes the quality of sufferers' lives, but few people ...
  • Book Jacket: The Adults
    The Adults
    by Caroline Hulse
    Things have already fallen apart on the first page of The Adults. The novel opens with an emergency ...
  • Book Jacket: News of Our Loved Ones
    News of Our Loved Ones
    by Abigail DeWitt
    The Delasalle family of Abigail DeWitt's News of Our Loved Ones are no strangers to the dark specter...
  • Book Jacket: My Sister, the Serial Killer
    My Sister, the Serial Killer
    by Oyinkan Braithwaite
    While the title of the novel gives away the plot, My Sister, the Serial Killer is essentially a ...

Becoming
by Michelle Obama

An intimate, powerful, and inspiring memoir by the former First Lady of the United States.

House of Stone
    by Novuyo Rosa Tshuma

A masterful debut, pulsing with dark humor, that explores the often destructive act of history-making.

Win Uncommon Type

Uncommon Type
by Tom Hanks

Surprising, intelligent, heartwarming, and a must-have for Tom Hanks fans!

Tell I T T M