Reader reviews and comments on Child Of My Heart, plus links to write your own review.

Child Of My Heart

by Alice McDermott

Child Of My Heart

Nov 2002, 208 pages
    Nov 2003, 256 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Child Of My Heart

jill carmel (06/30/08)

Child of my Heart
It was a little odd for me since it was about sexual abuse. I won't recommend it for a teen. I think the man took advantage of the sitter. Otherwise it was well written and I enjoyed the rest of it but Charming Billy was her best so far.
Teagan (03/28/04)

it has some akward situations and i'm not sure her decissions were the wisest but it was intreguing. recomended for mature teenagers- i doubt any other type of teens could truly understand the dept to that summer or the seriousness of Dasie's condition. Over all it keep me attached and stayed at a constant pase.
Judy (10/07/03)

A lovely book. I am not sure that men would read it, however, it has some beautiful thoughts.
Bethie F. (04/16/03)

I read "child of my Heart" for a book jacket in class, and I don't regret the fact that I chose to read it. I recommend "child of my Heart" to any teenager. the character for the book. Theresa keeps the readers interest, and you won't feel bored. . This is a good book.

• Book Jacket: Crossing the Horizon
    Crossing the Horizon
    by Laurie Notaro
  • Book Jacket: Of Arms and Artists
    Of Arms and Artists
    by Paul Staiti

Les Parisiennes
    by Anne Sebba

How the women of Paris lived, loved, and died under Nazi occupation.