Reader reviews and comments on Child Of My Heart, plus links to write your own review.

Child Of My Heart

by Alice McDermott

Child Of My Heart by Alice McDermott X
Child Of My Heart by Alice McDermott

Nov 2002, 208 pages
    Nov 2003, 256 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Child Of My Heart

Judy

A lovely book. I am not sure that men would read it, however, it has some beautiful thoughts.
jill carmel

Child of my Heart
It was a little odd for me since it was about sexual abuse. I won't recommend it for a teen. I think the man took advantage of the sitter. Otherwise it was well written and I enjoyed the rest of it but Charming Billy was her best so far.
Teagan

it has some akward situations and i'm not sure her decissions were the wisest but it was intreguing. recomended for mature teenagers- i doubt any other type of teens could truly understand the dept to that summer or the seriousness of Dasie's condition. Over all it keep me attached and stayed at a constant pase.
Bethie F.

I read "child of my Heart" for a book jacket in class, and I don't regret the fact that I chose to read it. I recommend "child of my Heart" to any teenager. the character for the book. Theresa keeps the readers interest, and you won't feel bored. . This is a good book.

• Book Jacket: Educated
    Educated
    by Tara Westover
    Voted 2018 Best Nonfiction Award Winner by BookBrowse Subscribers

Tara Westover had the kind of ...
  • Book Jacket: Circe
    Circe
    by Madeline Miller
    Voted 2018 Best Fiction Award Winner by BookBrowse Subscribers

Towards the end of Madeline Miller...
  • Book Jacket: Children of Blood and Bone
    Children of Blood and Bone
    by Tomi Adeyemi
    Voted 2018 Best Young Adult Award Winner by BookBrowse Subscribers

What would you do if, in a ...
  • Book Jacket: Where the Crawdads Sing
    Where the Crawdads Sing
    by Delia Owens
    Voted 2018 Best Debut Novel Award Winner by BookBrowse Subscribers

Where the Crawdads Sing was a ...

The Removes
by Tatjana Soli

A powerful, transporting novel about the addictive intensity and freedom of the American frontier.

Listen to the Marriage
    by John Jay Osborn

The story of a couple in trouble and an exploration of the obstacles we put in our own way.

Win The 7 ½ Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle

The 7 ½ Deaths of
Evelyn Hardcastle

"Agatha Christie meets Groundhog Day...quite unlike anything I've ever read." - A. J. Finn

The Big Holiday Wordplay: $400+ in Prizes