Reader reviews and comments on Child Of My Heart, plus links to write your own review.

Child Of My Heart

by Alice McDermott

Child Of My Heart by Alice McDermott

Nov 2002, 208 pages
    Nov 2003, 256 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Child Of My Heart

jill carmel (06/30/08)

Child of my Heart
It was a little odd for me since it was about sexual abuse. I won't recommend it for a teen. I think the man took advantage of the sitter. Otherwise it was well written and I enjoyed the rest of it but Charming Billy was her best so far.
Teagan (03/28/04)

it has some akward situations and i'm not sure her decissions were the wisest but it was intreguing. recomended for mature teenagers- i doubt any other type of teens could truly understand the dept to that summer or the seriousness of Dasie's condition. Over all it keep me attached and stayed at a constant pase.
Judy (10/07/03)

A lovely book. I am not sure that men would read it, however, it has some beautiful thoughts.
Bethie F. (04/16/03)

I read "child of my Heart" for a book jacket in class, and I don't regret the fact that I chose to read it. I recommend "child of my Heart" to any teenager. the character for the book. Theresa keeps the readers interest, and you won't feel bored. . This is a good book.

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: Goodbye Days
    Goodbye Days
    by Jeff Zentner
    Guilt can be a heavy burden for anyone to manage, but it's especially difficult for teenagers. ...
  • Book Jacket: The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley
    The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley
    by Hannah Tinti
    Hannah Tinti follows her spectacular 2008 debut, The Good Thief, with a novel of uncommon ...
  • Book Jacket: Music of the Ghosts

The Stars Are Fire
    by Anita Shreve

No One Is Coming to Save Us
    by Stephanie Powell Watts

One of Entertainment Weekly, Nylon and Elle's most anticipated books of 2017.

I have lost all sense of home, having moved about so much. It means to me now only that place where the books are ...

Y S M B, I'll S Y