Reader reviews and comments on The House of The Scorpion, plus links to write your own review.

The House of The Scorpion

Nov 2002, 308 pages

There are currently 144 reader reviews for The House of The Scorpion

Jordan (7th Grade)

Best book
I love this book and I really wish that it would have had a longer series. I've also read the Lord of Opium. 5/5 for both books.
legenddarkrai

AWESOME!
I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS BOOK!!! It gave lots of exciting things and I like how there were different sections. I think the ending is really cool, yet sad. But overall, I LOVED IT!!
Lia

House of the Scorpion
This book was amazing!!! I had to read it for a book club and didn't think it was convincing by the back of the book. I fell head over heals for this book and couldn't put it down. I highly recommend this book if you like the following genres:
Adventure
Suspense
Science fiction
Realistic fiction
(I am not a big fan of sic fi and I LOVED this book)
Blake

Awesome
My biology teacher assigned my grade a project, make a model and present it to her, or read a book. We had an option of three books. I chose this one. I'm sure glad I did! I loved it! Everyone is saying its long... its not that long, only 380 pages. Although I would say the author could have ended it a lot earlier than she did. I was thinking halfway through the book that it could almost be done, what else does she have left to say? but all in all its a great book! READ it!
JK

JK's review
This is like a great book! I usually read classics , but this a one of a kind book! I would recomend it to anyone ages 11 and up.
Laurel Booher

Worth Reading!
I really enjoyed reading this book, because it s t r e t c h e d my mind. I also liked reading Lois Lowery's The Giver...the genre and ideas were complementary. I'd love to discuss with someone who's read both of these sci-fi classics!
I feel like I understand God's plan for us better after reading these books. Earthly Man was not meant to live forever. I want to own this book!
Marisa

Beautiful
I had to read this book for an assignment, I picked the longest book as a challenge, and I fell deeply in love with this book. At first the book is kind of confusing, but by the time it gets to the more interesting chapters, I couldn't put it down. In the beginning of the book, it has a list of all the characters, I would not read that before reading this book. I would read that after a new character has been introduced. Overall I loved this book. It has to be the best book I have ever read and I highly suggest that you read it as well. This book had me laughing to crying in an instant. Many books don't have the power to do that. A tip I would give before reading this book is to keep a Spanish dictionary close, for there is some Spanish words you need to know to understand this book. Also unless you are a extremely good reader, I would read it only if I were in 6th grade or higher. All in all, I absolutely love this book.
Mariam

Wonderful story
A friend of mine told me about this book and I myself think that it is amazing. I'm half way through it and even though I do not have enough time at my hands to finish it in less then a month I crave for it, like a good show.

I'm noticing that a lot of people have rated it by the size of the book. I hate long books, I hardly even read them. But this book is different. Its intriguing and filled with many surprises... like what happens to Rosa during the book. I got surprised over that, but then again it was coming to her.

- Nice book, Please do purchase and read it.

• Book Jacket: In Extremis
    In Extremis
    by Lindsey Hilsum
    Marie ColvinInternational journalist Marie Colvin pushed the limits in her work and her personal life. Widely ...
  • Book Jacket: Vita Nostra
    Let It Bang
    by RJ Young

Unsheltered
by Barbara Kingsolver

A timely novel that explores the human capacity for resiliency and compassion.

The Kinship of Secrets
    by Eugenia Kim

A Ladder to the Sky
    by John Boyne

A seductive, unputdownable psychodrama following one brilliant, ruthless man.

Win Severance