Reader reviews and comments on Coraline, plus links to write your own review.

by Neil Gaiman

Coraline by Neil Gaiman

Jul 2002, 176 pages
    Aug 2003, 162 pages

There are currently 32 reader reviews for Coraline

LexRyder (07/25/16)

I love it!
I've seen the movie 100's of times and read the book at least 10 times. This is one of the greatest books I have ever read.
sammy (02/05/13)

spooky
This is a really good book because it makes you fell spooky and mysterious. I recommend this book because Coraline is a brave little girl even without being with her parents. Thumps up if you give it a 5 3 :-p
Asha Ibrahim (04/24/12)

Speechless
...Wow that took my breath away. It's not good, it's not great, neither was it fantastic. You can't describe this book..
Julie Baker (02/26/12)

Coraline
I love this book because of how spooky and mysterious it makes you feel. You hold on to each word and read, while they came to life. Coraline is a brave girl who doesn't take no for and answer and she's also a great character. Total thumbs up!! :)
Micky (11/05/11)

Coraline: A Psychological Horror
I read this book when I was 11 and found it incredibly disturbing. I cried myself to sleep one night I was so frightened. At first the book seemed dull and lifeless. But something that was incorporated well throughout the entire book was the sense of unease incorporated in everything that was happening. Gaiman tells you right from the beginning that this is not going to be a pleasant book with Coraline being a brat and the parents being incredibly tuned out. When transported to the other world everything seems amazing. But Gaiman makes everything just a little off to make you wonder what is really going on. None of the book is a happy story so do NOT read this book if you are looking for a feel good novel. The part that disturbed me the most was the collapse of this other world. It always made me wonder and the lingering hand of the other mother is what scared me the most. It is almost a metaphor that everything you do sticks with you.
Milly Curd (02/11/11)

Fantastic
Coraline was a brilliant book. The genres in the book are Detective, mystery, horror, adventure,fantasy and much more. Coraline inspired me to think big like the characters in the story. Neil Gaiman is a fantastic writer which will be read for years to
come!!!
plz read this book...the buttons will haunt you and send shivers down your spine
Olivia D. (12/22/10)

awesome
I think that this book is actually really good and full of the best excitement. I thought this book was very addicting after reading it more then 5 times. I would recommend this book to anyone and I also say to read it in the dark because it makes the best of stories :)
lebron fan (11/30/10)

Coraline
Best movie I have ever watched and best book I ever read.

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: Goodbye Days
    Goodbye Days
    by Jeff Zentner
    Guilt can be a heavy burden for anyone to manage, but it's especially difficult for teenagers. ...
  • Book Jacket: The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley
    The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley
    by Hannah Tinti
    Hannah Tinti follows her spectacular 2008 debut, The Good Thief, with a novel of uncommon ...
  • Book Jacket: Music of the Ghosts
    Music of the Ghosts
    by Vaddey Ratner

The Nest
by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney

No One Is Coming to Save Us
    by Stephanie Powell Watts

One of Entertainment Weekly, Nylon and Elle's most anticipated books of 2017.

Manderley Forever
    by Tatiana de Rosnay

Bestselling author Tatiana de Rosnay pays homage to Daphne du Maurier.

Most of us who turn to any subject we love remember some morning or evening hour when...

Y S M B, I'll S Y