Reader reviews and comments on The Shadow of God, plus links to write your own review.

The Shadow of God

Sep 2002, 500 pages
    Oct 2003, 464 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for The Shadow of God

Drew

I really enjoyed this novel! I'm not much of a reader and never can quite read a book to its finish, however I read and reread this one. It's a subject and time that appeals to most people and many ages, well written up to the very end, and a reasonible length as well. I'm only 14 and even I connected to this "timeless classic".
harvey

fantastic -- reminded me of a real-life lord of the rings - two towers... but more vivid, dynamic, and emotional. super.
Glen

A good first book by the writer. There are some definite hints of greater writing ability. However the characters, while believable are fairly two dimensional. At times while building a scene, or plot point the writing becomes a bit pedantic. Not in a bad way, it's obvious the writer is a university professor, but it can be distracting. I would recommend the book, with category. The book is billed as a clash of cultures and beliefs and while that is touched on and stated, greater depth could be given through character development and narrative.

• Book Jacket: The Art of the Wasted Day
    by Anjali Sachdeva
  • Book Jacket: Look Alive Out There
    Look Alive Out There
    by Sloane Crosley
    After a brief (and thoroughly enjoyable) foray into fiction (with her 2015 novel The Clasp), Sloane ...

Music of the Ghosts by Vaddey Ratner

Other People's Houses
    by Abbi Waxman

Win The Leavers

The Leavers by Lisa Ko

One of the most anticipated books of 2017--now in paperback!

T E H N Clothes