Reader reviews and comments on The Shadow of God, plus links to write your own review.

The Shadow of God

A Novel of the Siege of Rhodes

by Anthony A. Goodman

The Shadow of God

Sep 2002, 500 pages
    Oct 2003, 464 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for The Shadow of God

Drew (06/14/04)

I really enjoyed this novel! I'm not much of a reader and never can quite read a book to its finish, however I read and reread this one. It's a subject and time that appeals to most people and many ages, well written up to the very end, and a reasonible length as well. I'm only 14 and even I connected to this "timeless classic".
Glen (01/09/04)

A good first book by the writer. There are some definite hints of greater writing ability. However the characters, while believable are fairly two dimensional. At times while building a scene, or plot point the writing becomes a bit pedantic. Not in a bad way, it's obvious the writer is a university professor, but it can be distracting. I would recommend the book, with category. The book is billed as a clash of cultures and beliefs and while that is touched on and stated, greater depth could be given through character development and narrative.

harvey (04/07/03)

fantastic -- reminded me of a real-life lord of the rings - two towers... but more vivid, dynamic, and emotional. super.

• Book Jacket: Crossing the Horizon
    Crossing the Horizon
    by Laurie Notaro
  • Book Jacket: Of Arms and Artists
    Of Arms and Artists
    by Paul Staiti

Les Parisiennes
    by Anne Sebba

How the women of Paris lived, loved, and died under Nazi occupation.