Reader reviews and comments on The Shadow of God, plus links to write your own review.

The Shadow of God

Sep 2002, 500 pages
    Oct 2003, 464 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for The Shadow of God

Drew

I really enjoyed this novel! I'm not much of a reader and never can quite read a book to its finish, however I read and reread this one. It's a subject and time that appeals to most people and many ages, well written up to the very end, and a reasonible length as well. I'm only 14 and even I connected to this "timeless classic".
harvey

fantastic -- reminded me of a real-life lord of the rings - two towers... but more vivid, dynamic, and emotional. super.
Glen

A good first book by the writer. There are some definite hints of greater writing ability. However the characters, while believable are fairly two dimensional. At times while building a scene, or plot point the writing becomes a bit pedantic. Not in a bad way, it's obvious the writer is a university professor, but it can be distracting. I would recommend the book, with category. The book is billed as a clash of cultures and beliefs and while that is touched on and stated, greater depth could be given through character development and narrative.

• Book Jacket: La Belle Sauvage
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...
  • Book Jacket: Leonardo da Vinci
    by Chloe Benjamin
  • Book Jacket: The Kites
    The Kites
    by Romain Gary, Miranda Richmond Mouillot
    Published by New Directions for the first time in English, Romain Gary's The Kites tells a story of ...

The Dry by Jane Harper

Winner of the 2017 BookBrowse Debut Novel Award

The Days When Birds Come Back
    by Deborah Reed

Win Mothers of Sparta

Mothers of Sparta: A Memoir

Sorry, we do not currently have an active wordplay!