Reader reviews and comments on The Sands of Time, plus links to write your own review.

The Sands of Time

Oct 2003, 288 pages

There are currently 25 reader reviews for The Sands of Time

celeste

The Sands Of Time
I LOVED this book! The plot is interesting and the names of the mice are adorable. Micheal Hoeye is a brilliant writer!
zalak

5 out of 5- by zalak
I personally thought that Hermux's adventures were the most exciting and thrilling ones! His realtionships with many of the characters is quite funny and the story itself has a lot of twist and turns! In my opinion, Michael Hoeye is a very talented author, in both writing the book and coming upo with such unique names.
People from all different age groups can read the Hermux adventures and will be amazed at what a little ordinary watch maker mouse can really do!
Zew2

The book is great, the plot is binding and the characters are filled with personality. English is sadly not my first language, thus resulting in me looking in a dictionary after finishing each page. But if you look at it from a different perspective, the book actually is a great way to expand your vocabulary if you're not a native speaker.

Age: 13
Patrick Cochrane

This is one of the best books I have ever read. I have also read other great authors, such as J.R.R Tolkien and Brian Jaques, and I think that this book can be favourably compared to them all.
Drew C.

These book inspired me to be smart, brave, and willing. 5 stars!
Gwen

I love this book! Its the exact book i've been looking for! I hope you read it and enjoy it as much as I did!
Alex (again)

I am almost 13 years old and I have read both Time Stops For No Mouse and The Sands Of Time, and I was dissappointed to see them end. These truly are great books. They are very exciting and the plots are magnificent! I highly recommend this story to any aspiring readers. It will be self-beneficial!
Alex

The Sands Of TimeText is a great book for children ages 9-13. It is action packed and full of detail. Michael Hoeye's second novel is one to be read, and cherished.

• Book Jacket: The Pianist from Syria
    The Pianist from Syria
    by Aeham Ahmad
    Aeham Ahmad became famous as the face of Syrian suffering when a photo of him playing piano in the ...
  • Book Jacket: The Smiling Man
    The Smiling Man
    by Joseph Knox
    Joseph Knox's latest turns on a simple premise: an unidentified and unidentifiable murdered man is ...
  • Book Jacket: The Heavens
    The Heavens
    by Sandra Newman
    I've been a big fan of Sandra Newman's writing ever since reading her 2014 novel The Country of Ice ...
  • Book Jacket: Sugar Run
    Sugar Run
    by Mesha Maren
    Mesha Maren's debut novel is a plunge into the depths of the dark Southern gothic with pulsing and ...

The Last Year of the War
    by Susan Meissner

A little-known story of WWII with great resonance for our times.

A People's History of Heaven
    by Mathangi Subramanian

A story of love and friendship, and fighting for the places we love.

Book Club
Girls Burn Brighter
by Shobha Rao

An extraordinary and heart-rending tale of two girls with all the odds against them.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win The Summer Country

Win up to 12 copies to share with friends or your book club!

A sweeping epic of lost love, lies, jealousy, and rebellion set in colonial Barbados.

D T T! Full S A!