Reader reviews and comments on From A Buick 8, plus links to write your own review.

From A Buick 8

by Stephen King

From A Buick 8 by Stephen King

Sep 2002, 368 pages
    Dec 2003, 496 pages

There are currently 11 reader reviews for From A Buick 8

Roderick Pitts

This was an awesome book.
Ray Riehemann

I thought this book was terrific, once again Mr. King delves into the unknown, and your not sure where it is going to lead you. Very colorful desciptions of characters and places. I though it was extremely gutsy of him to do a book with the story set in Pennsylvania. In the authors notes he mentioned this. Great research and I think a damn fine book.
Oliver Burke

I simply loved this book, didn't want it to end. King's characterisation is brilliant-the State Troopers quickly become so real that the reader feels he is actually sharing a root-beer as they chat about life at D-Troop. A 'MUST' read.
Timmy O

This is definitely one of Stephen King's best efforts. I loved this book. By the end, you really care about each of the Pennslyvania troopers and how their stewardship of the Buick has impacted each of their lives. The story is mysterious and intriguing and "feels real."
Dell

This is one of my favorite King novels for several reasons. First, it is more like science fiction than horror. As I get older and face the horrors of my own mortality, I have become less interested in horror and more interested in the mysteries of all the unknowns in the universe. This book addresses the sinister appeal of death, even for the sane. It also tells me that not having an answer, not ever being able to get an answer IS actually an answer. The answer is "Don't even ask." Not knowing is better than knowing in some ways. I really liked the feeling I came away with, the important things in life are the small kindnesses, the good moments, the fleeting companionship of those we care about, not the big answers to the big questions. I loved this book and will read it again. I also would tell my friends to read it.
Haris Baki

Amazing!

Simply amazing! Eerie, haunting, dreamlike. Whatever he does, he does better than anyone! And do not afraid: It is nothing like Christine!
T-Bone

Would have worked better as a short story - interesting at times but ultimately unsatisfying
Jayant Saldanha

The first things that comes to mind is "christine...again?!?" . But this is a totally different book. Personally I liked the book for its great characterizations but was left feeling a tad unsatisfied because there were a number of loose ends. Not King's best but a good read nonetheless.

• Book Jacket: The Radium Girls
    by Jennifer Finney Boylan
  • Book Jacket: Proving Ground
    Proving Ground
    by Peter Blauner
    More than a decade after winning the 1992 Best First Novel Edgar for Slow Motion Riot, Peter Blauner...

Win News of the World