Reader reviews and comments on From A Buick 8, plus links to write your own review.

From A Buick 8

by Stephen King

From A Buick 8 by Stephen King

Sep 2002, 368 pages
    Dec 2003, 496 pages

There are currently 11 reader reviews for From A Buick 8

Dtran (01/05/05)

This book was very slow moving. The characters are nauseatingly, perfectly submissive to authority. A powerful secret...a portal to another world...represented by a self-healing, sinister automobile, is kept completely a secret from everyone except the members of the sheriff's department. Come on! The story leads the reader on a flat journey that is interupted once in a while by "excitement" manifested by random subjects spewed from the car.
JImbo (12/04/04)

It's a good 60 page short story, padded out with an additional 300 pages of filler. Very slow moving, good book to cure insomnia. I had to put it down for a few weeks, then start reading again.........twice.
Roderick Pitts (05/25/04)

This was an awesome book.
Ray Riehemann (02/03/04)

I thought this book was terrific, once again Mr. King delves into the unknown, and your not sure where it is going to lead you. Very colorful desciptions of characters and places. I though it was extremely gutsy of him to do a book with the story set in Pennsylvania. In the authors notes he mentioned this. Great research and I think a damn fine book.
T-Bone (01/30/04)

Would have worked better as a short story - interesting at times but ultimately unsatisfying
daniel h. (12/06/03)

I felt Mr. King, using the Buick as a hook, raised a lot of philosophical questions about the unknown factors of life and death. I don't think he did anything new with these questions, and at times even cheapened them. His strong suit is definitely his characters. I just wish he put them in a better story.
Jayant Saldanha (12/02/03)

The first things that comes to mind is "christine...again?!?" . But this is a totally different book. Personally I liked the book for its great characterizations but was left feeling a tad unsatisfied because there were a number of loose ends. Not King's best but a good read nonetheless.
Oliver Burke (08/16/03)

I simply loved this book, didn't want it to end. King's characterisation is brilliant-the State Troopers quickly become so real that the reader feels he is actually sharing a root-beer as they chat about life at D-Troop. A 'MUST' read.

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: Goodbye Days
    Goodbye Days
    by Jeff Zentner
    Guilt can be a heavy burden for anyone to manage, but it's especially difficult for teenagers. ...
  • Book Jacket: The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley
    The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley
    by Hannah Tinti
    Hannah Tinti follows her spectacular 2008 debut, The Good Thief, with a novel of uncommon ...
  • Book Jacket: Music of the Ghosts

The Stars Are Fire
    by Anita Shreve

No One Is Coming to Save Us
    by Stephanie Powell Watts

One of Entertainment Weekly, Nylon and Elle's most anticipated books of 2017.

Beware the man of one book

Y S M B, I'll S Y