Reader reviews and comments on The Thief Lord, plus links to write your own review.

by Cornelia Funke

The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke

Aug 2002, 352 pages
    Oct 2003, 376 pages

There are currently 116 reader reviews for The Thief Lord

Tyler (04/21/11)

The Thief Lord
The Thief Lord is a book that kids and many teens will enjoy. I read it first as a sixth grader and have read it over and over again for the past four years. Its a fantasy novel with a twist. The twist is that the fantasy is not in the form of fairies or dragons, but in how the kids live their lives. They are orphans, they live completely independent from adults in an abandoned movie theater and they haven't a care in the world. This book is, in my opinion, a very good competitor for Harry Potter.
Tenzin Norzin (01/27/11)

The Thief Lord is indeed, a masterpiece.
This book is fantastic! I love this book as it is a mystery as well as a fantasy, novel, and adventure. I just finished reading this book by Cornelia Funke (the best selling author of INKHEART and INKSPELL)and I want even more! I am sure that anyone who likes fantasy will enjoy reading this book.
mark (04/13/10)

Outstanding
This book was thrilling ,amazing, nothing bad except there was a magic merry-go-round but other than that random thing this book was amazing Nothing boring except for the 1st 7 pages! AMAZING
Abby (03/24/10)

Great book!!
I thought that this was a wonderful book and I hope that there will be another one!! I just hope that more people read this book. Even if you aren't into books you can certainly get into this one fast! I hope anyone else who reads this book enjoys it as much as I have!
Tommy (08/23/09)

An 11 year old's oppinion on the Thief Lord
This was an awesome book! If you like books with action, suspense, and excitement I would strongly recommend this book. Another reason why you should read The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke because you learn Italian while you read it! I'm 11 years old and to be honest I really don't like to read, but when I read this book now I'm excited to read more books! Hopefully I will get to read another Cornelia Funke book! 1 more thing the characters are really cool!
Lorna (05/20/09)

The Theif Lord
I really enjoyed reading this book and it is one of the best mystery books I have read in a long time. I liked the characters Scipio and Prosper. Like how Scipio was secretive and how Prosper was so determined to find his brother. This book kept your interest and made you want to read on. It made you visualise the city of Venice with all the descriptions that the author gave us. I would say this book is for the age range of 10-15.
Frankie (05/17/09)

The Thief Lord
I would recommend this book to all young readers between the ages of 10 and 14. I thoroughly enjoyed the book. It captured my attention and I really liked the story line.
Kristen (02/11/09)

The Thief Lord
This exiting story keeps you on the edge of your seats.The group loses and accomplishes so many things. They act like one big family. Uncovering dark secrets, hiding in movie theatres.This is actually a really interesting book, because it puts you in Venice, Italy which is a real location instead of a fake one. It seems like half of it could be based on a true story or maybe even the whole thing.

All Tomorrow's Parties
    by Rob Spillman
  • Book Jacket: Strangers in Their Own Land
    Strangers in Their Own Land
    by Arlie Russell Hochschild
  • Book Jacket: The Dry
    The Dry
    by Jane Harper
    After receiving a letter from his childhood friend's father, Aaron Falk, a Melbourne police officer ...

The Sellout
by Paul Beatty

The first book by an American author to win the prestigious Man Booker Prize.

A Piece of the World
    by Christina Baker Kline

Caught in the Revolution
    by Helen Rappaport

What really knocks me out is a book that, when you're all done reading, you wish the author that wrote it was a ...

K Your F C