Reader reviews and comments on Across the Nightingale Floor, plus links to write your own review.

Tales of the Otori, Volume I

by Lian Hearn

Across the Nightingale Floor by Lian Hearn

Aug 2002, 304 pages
    Jun 2003, 323 pages

There are currently 68 reader reviews for Across the Nightingale Floor

Emma

Across the Nightingale Floor
Lian Hearn's books were the first I actually read from start to finish with complete anticipation the whole way through. I absolutely loved the fact it could affect my emotions and I found it so difficult to set down. The whole storyline, thought and effort that went into these books are spectacular and I would encourage anyone to read them especially if you have an extremely passionate nature
Megana Banana

Read Below, its not boring!!!
This book has many meanings and plots but all seem to lead to the same adventurous, dangerous and sometimes flirtatious end! Some people might think this is just another review from one of those people who have been either paid or just haven't got anything else to do whilst browsing the internet. But even though I would not admit it out loud I really enjoyed this book. It was just the right balance of every genre I could think of at the same time had an interesting plot with sudden surprises I bet even the author did not expect! All in all, my general comment is just to say read this book - you might even find yourself surprised!
Enjoy :)
Ashley

Mesmerising
The Tales of the Otori are the most amazing, captivating books I have ever read. Lian Hearn has firmly placed herself as my favorite writer of all time. I came across them completely by mistake I have read the sequel to the trilogy (The Harsh Cry of the Heron) and am in the process of reading (Heavens net is wide) I wouldn't change a thing about this story. I know I'll just read them again and again. Maya's real cool!
Laura Matthews

Across the Nightingale Floor
This is one of the best books I have ever read. It is a brilliant tale of Love, Violence and treachery. After reading the book I couldn't wait to read the sequels.
Rachel

Remarkable
One of the best books I have ever read. This book is for just the love of reading a good story. One of the best elements was that it never got boring. I wish it lasted longer.
KIpperrip

BookBrowse.com
possibly the best book ever! Didnt like the way all the people died in it though! But brilliant! Nothing like Harry Potter! Cant wait for 3 and 4 to come out!
chino

I read it again and again!
I loved the book. I found it by mistake. It just caught my attention from the cover and i looked at the back. I was looking for a new book to help me waist time and I was sort of skethy about, but i got it any way. A few weeks went by before i finally opend it. When the time came to finally start reading i found my self stuck to it. i would stay up all night reading till i finished it Four days later. I just had to read it again. You will love the book and I highly recommend it.
Foxy Chic

Across the nightingale floor
im only half through the 1st book and its gr8, i cant put it down its fantastic and i recomend it to anyone who needs a good read!!!

• Book Jacket: The Force
    by Julian Barnes

Win The Library of Light and Shadow

The Library of Light and Shadow by M.J. Rose

The Almost Sisters

A powerful, emotionally resonant novel of the South.

T H Are B T O