Reader reviews and comments on Tamarind Woman, plus links to write your own review.

Tamarind Woman

Sep 2002, 266 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Tamarind Woman

Murli Nair

Tamarind Woman
A bittersweet novel just like India and what I found appealing was that though the central characters are women it is not a feminist diatribe against men but more of women and men as flesh and blood with their own frailties and strengths I think it also gives lie to the oft repeated complaints about women being brow beaten and subjugated by men with no character of their own at least in the upper middle class milieu The beauty is not that the authors experiences are unique the milieu described are commonplace in India but the the authors gift in articulating it
javeria

A very nice and interesting book, Anita has made all the characters very lively and the shifts in narrative focus has made the story and the realtionship of a mother and daughter even more clear.The journey of life, tragic experiences, women's role in India, cast discrimination are mentioned and described in a very unique way.
MD. MUJAHED ALI

i AM DEEPLY IMPRESSED BY READING MS. ANITA BADAMI's AUTO BIOGRAPHY & THE HER VISION ABOUT LIFE. PLEASE TRY TO WRITE A BOOK TO AVOID SUCH A RILIGION BASED KILLINGS, WHICH IS GOING ON IN INDIA. GOD WILL SURELY REWARD FOR YOUR EFFORTS TO BRING SOCIETY IN INDIA TO A PEACEFUL SECULAR COUNTRY.
I AM NOT A GOOD WRITER BUT ONLY WISH THAT YOU WRITE ON EQUALITY OF ALL RILIGIONS & STOP BLOODSHEDS OF INNOCENTS ALL COMMUNITY IN INDIA.

• Book Jacket: The Perfectionists