Reader reviews and comments on The Beach House, plus links to write your own review.

The Beach House

by James Patterson, Peter de Jonge

The Beach House

Jun 2002, 464 pages
    Jun 2003, 368 pages

There are currently 10 reader reviews for The Beach House

Franziska (05/04/07)

shocker
I was shocked when I finished the book! It was not what I expected. I waited for something special to happen but James Patterson just tells me what I already know since the first chapters. I am for sure a James Patterson lover but this book does not show what he can really do!
jc (02/20/04)

How incredibly hackneyed and trite!
Karen (06/30/03)

I was interested enough in this book fo finish it and find out whodunit, but if it had not been a book on tape I might have just flipped to the end to find out. The morals of these characters - even the good ones, were pretty awful. The book seemed trite and somewhat predictable - the protagonist could have been killed at any time with no loss to the bad guys, so I couldn't figure why he stayed alive. The protagonist was trying to clear his brother's name - but his brother was a gigolo! I read a lot, but I would not recommend this to very many people. I think the only reason it is on the best seller list is because the author has had previous bestsellers.
jmcdaniel (06/04/03)

This is one of Pattersons best. This is a superbly writtten story of mystery and intrigue, with a touch of romance. The Beach House is one of those books that you just cannot put down. The flow from one chapter to the next is very smooth, and each chapter leaves you hastily turning pages to get to the next one. This is a great book, I suggest you buy or borrow it.
Sheree (05/07/03)

I thought that The Beach House was wonderfully written, and that it proved that James Patterson is one of our centurie's greatest writers. This book made me feel that I was right in the setting and that I was a part of the character's lives. I loved this book so much that I read it twice!
auri (03/13/03)

it was a good book for those who like twists and turns
Keegan (02/27/03)

This was one of the best books I read all year. I read it sitting on the beach, Perfect Place!
lynn (02/09/03)

This was the one of the most poorly-written books I have ever
read, and I read a lot. Shame on Patterson---short sentences, even
shorter chapters, and a storyline and ending that is totally
unbelievable. This is the last Patterson book I will ever waste
time on again.

• Book Jacket: How to Set a Fire and Why
    How to Set a Fire and Why
    by Jesse Ball
    Lucia Stanton, Jesse Ball's precocious teenage narrator, lives in a converted garage with her ...
    Stalin's Daughter

Falling
    by Jane Green

The Secret Language of Stones
    by M. J. Rose

"A fantastic historical tale of war, love, loss and intrigue."
    – Melanie Benjamin

The Fair Fight
by Anna Freeman

A page-turning novel set in the world of 18th century female pugilists.

Summer Stunner
Summer Giveaway

Win 5 books, each week in July!

W M T N, W C F All