Reader reviews and comments on Loser, plus links to write your own review.

Loser by Jerry Spinelli X
Loser by Jerry Spinelli

May 2002, 224 pages
    Aug 2003, 224 pages

There are currently 103 reader reviews for Loser

crane_the_bird

The novel Lozer
In my book there is a boy named Donald Zinkoff that is in school and he is different compared to other students Zinkoff is not like the other kids raising his hand with all the wrong answers, tripping over his own feet, falling down with laughter over a word like "Jabip." The kids have their own word to describe him, but Zinkoff is too busy to hear it.. He does not do the same things as the other kids. He does not as much fears as they do and his feelings do not get hurt by other people. In school he is a brat he yells out a lot and he laughs easy so he gets in trouble. The other student would make him laugh on purpose to get him in trouble. Donald has many problems in his life and this book will tell you all about them and how he finds them and tries or does fix them.
Kylie McCarthy

Kylie's Review
Jerry Spinelli's books are so good I have read many of them. This is my favorite book, because there is a lot of feeling in it, and I love when books have feeling in them.
apollo

luiose
I like it.
Chasidy

loser
This book is amazing! I wish everyone can read this book. It is a must read.
Talliya

good
i liked it.
Lauren

Loser
Loser is by far the best book I've ever read. I would read it again and again; this book never gets old. I would recommend this book to anyone. This book fills your heart with joy.
sid

loser
This book is an awesome book. Jerry Spinelli gets my applauds for this.
Kyle's mom

Love the book
I just finished reading this book to my fifth grade son. This opened a whole discussion about what makes someone a "loser". Was Zinkoff a loser? Maybe. Maybe not. My son had some great insights into the perceptions of what makes someone a loser. I would recommend this book to middle school age children. Maybe it would open some minds to what life is really about.

• Book Jacket: The Winter Soldier
    The Winter Soldier
    by Daniel Mason
    Imagine the thousands of confounding cases doctors face routinely for which diagnoses are hard to ...
  • Book Jacket: Brother
    Brother
    by David Chariandy
    Brother is the brief, moving account of how a single, tragic moment in time can alter the course of ...
    The Islamic Enlightenment
    by Christopher de Bellaigue
  • Book Jacket: The Spy of Venice
    The Spy of Venice
    by Benet Brandreth
    Benet Brandreth's delightfully diverting historical thriller brings the Bard to vibrant life. ...

The Ninth Hour by Alice McDermott

A crowning achievement of one of the finest American writers at work today.

Sold on a Monday
    by Kristina McMorris

An unforgettable novel inspired by a stunning piece of history.

Win The Clockmaker's Daughter