Read what people think about The Jericho Deception by Jeffrey Small, and write your own review.

by Jeffrey Small

The Jericho Deception by Jeffrey Small X
The Jericho Deception by Jeffrey Small

• Published in USA  May 2013
    Genre: Thrillers

There are currently 22 reader reviews for The Jericho Deception

Colleen T. (Lakewood, CO) (04/09/13)

The Jericho Deception
I found this book to be tedious and somewhat predictable. The story line was interesting and the characters were ok, but I kept getting irritated at the numerous times the author felt the need to describe in detail how this or that was going to happen – boring! I also didn't like how I felt like I was watching a movie as I read. There were way too many "scene" changes for my liking. Or, if you like, the flow of the story was broken up a lot by switching from one location to another. I'm no writer, but this story needs editing.
Hilary H. (Tucson, AZ) (04/06/13)

The Jericho Deception
I hadn't read anything by Jeffrey Small and I was a bit leery of anything too religiously based but I did enjoy the thriller aspects of this book. I did have to go back and forth after the first few chapters to make sure I knew who was who and where I was. The book does remind me of Dan Brown's books. It had some clever ideas such as the "monastery" in the desert. It was good entertainment.
Nancy H. (Foster City, CA) (04/03/13)

Chilling
I'm writing this very shortly after hearing of President Obama's wonderful brain mapping initiative and I must admit, having read this book made me immediately wonder if/how mapping the brain could be co-opted for ill. I found this book to be a thought-provoking read on many levels with interesting characters you could care about, and villains well drawn enough to push the story forward at an exciting pace. I also found it interesting that the situation was viewed from such different perspectives. I enjoyed this more than enough to go investigate Jeffrey Small's previous book.
Jan C. (San Antonio, TX) (03/31/13)

Jericho tumbling down
It was average read. Not a lot of twists and turns. Characters seemed flat without any deep development. The story jumped around. Antics of amateurs seemed unbelievable. The plot did not seem completely plausible.
I would not recommend this book.
John P. (Boca Raton, FL) (03/28/13)

A battle of religion, culture and the mind
A very fast paced race between Islamic culture, the theory that religious belief can be modified and the salvation of our universe depends on that change will keep you turning pages.
Logos, from the Greek culture is the instrument of change and the battle of wits between several groups including the CIA will keep you moving from their headquarters, a monastery in the middle of the dessert and Yale University.
Nancy C. (Newton, KS) (03/27/13)

The Jericho Deception
Jeffrey Small introduces us to the world of academic research and the competition for funding as technology occupies a larger and larger role in our lives. Mind control, terrorists and the desire to succeed at whatever the cost collide in the early pages. As Dr. Ethan Lightman approaches a breakthrough in his research, his world is disrupted by forces competing for his design. The pace is fast and rarely breaks down. With a suitable cast of villains and good guys; Jeffery Small gives us his first novel in great style. If you are intrigued by technology and cutting age research as well as suspense and action, then you will enjoy this book.
Paula W. (Sarasota, FL) (03/27/13)

"Logos" - in the beginning was the Word....
Although I began "The Jericho Deception" with some misgivings, the first few chapters drew me in so deeply --- I just couldn't put it down. Recipe --- put in some terrorists, an explosion, a quest to be able to "give " people an experience with God -- "up close and personal", thugs on steroids, an top-secret underground facility, a righteous Muslim, an old, beloved Jewish mentor, a "sorta" agnositic hero --- then add an "unsolvable" code, a cute and brainy assistant and MONKEYS (!!!) - who could possibly resist this unusual and intriguing scientific, philosophical mystery. Not me!!!!
Sally G. (Saint Johns, FL) (03/27/13)

Jericho Deception
I had to give it a four as it was way too wordy. Description is needed but it was overkill.

The story was really good and deserves a 5 as was in a small way like the TV show, Person of Interest. The timing was off , just when you got into the story it would shift you to another completely different scene.

• Book Jacket: Only Child