Read what people think about Three Seconds by Anders Roslund & Borge Hellstrom, and write your own review.

Three Seconds

by Anders Roslund & Borge Hellstrom

Three Seconds by Anders Roslund & Borge Hellstrom X
Three Seconds by Anders Roslund & Borge Hellstrom

• Published in USA  Jan 2011
    Genre: Thrillers

There are currently 39 reader reviews for Three Seconds

Judith W. (Brooklyn, NY) (01/04/11)

Faster than a speeding bullet, it's..................
Once I suspended my disbelief, I found this book completely engrossing. I also enjoyed the experience of rooting both for the 'criminal' and the detective and found the ending completely satisfying. Great characters and action!
Melissa H. (McKees Rocks, PA) (01/03/11)

Took a long time to get there.
The ending of this book was surprising, but not completely unforeseeable. It just took f-o-r-e-v-e-r to get to the ending. I can respect the factual nature of the book which was interesting to learn, but it's possible that due to the real world feel the authors tried to incorporate that it caused the book to drag on and on like realty often can do.
Andrea L. (Cottonwood Heights, UT) (12/27/10)

Full of intrigue
This book is a very fast paced, well written thriller. The characters are well developed and the reader knows just enough background information at each twist and turn to sustain the tension and intrigue. I was fascinated to learn the differences and similarities between the Swedish and American penal systems, trusting that the author's backgrounds gave them enough insider information to accurately dramatize the truth.
Joanne V. (Towanda, PA) (12/23/10)

Great read for crime buffs
I really enjoyed this book, learned a lot about the Swedish police system, it is fast paced and suspenseful. My only criticism is that it really needs to be tightened up or maybe the translation is the issue. I was distracted by repetitive detail and thought that a good editing job would have helped. But I totally enjoyed it and would recommend it to other crime fiction readers.
Steve B. (Spring, TX) (12/22/10)

Three Seconds by Roslund & Hellstrom
I had somewhat of a problem keeping up with the cast of characters. This was probably due to my lack of familiarity with Swedish names.

The book got off to a rather slow start, but once I got into it, it was very gripping.
The story has so many plot twists and intricacies that I think it would be even more interesting if I were to read it again. I think I may just do that.
Les G. (Fort Collins, CO) (12/22/10)

Swedish thriller
Three Seconds is an interesting look at how the Swedish police operate a criminal informant, and react to corruption related to the informant. It is an exciting book that builds suspense throughout the story.

I found it very interesting that things like the use of a criminal informant that would draw very little suspicion in the US, are taken very seriously in Sweden. Several times I found myself unable to understand why the Swedes were getting all upset about actions that most likely would not have raised any questions in the US.
Judith P. (rosebud, missouri) (12/22/10)

A study of the human dilemma.
This is not only a fascinating crime thriller, but a study of how we deal with the complexities of the state of our lives. How our character is shown in each roll we all play in others lives and our own. The novel start slow and build to a satisfying end. Villains and heroes all reach an appropriate reward.
Amy O. (Scottsdale, AZ) (12/22/10)

Confusing
Unlike the Stieg Larsson trilogy, I could not get into the story. It seemed very disjointed--took time to determine who was discussing whom. There was too much focus on the characters "weird" feelings. Did not hold my interest.

• Book Jacket: Sunburn
    Sunburn
    by Laura Lippman
    Crime writer Laura Lippman is both prolific and versatile. After spending years as a reporter for ...
  • Book Jacket: The Wife Between Us
    The Wife Between Us
    by Sarah Pekkanen, Greer Hendricks
    The Wife Between Us is an intriguing collaboration between first-time novelist Greer Hendricks and ...
  • Book Jacket: The Wife Between Us