Read what people think about Murder in Mykonos by Jeffrey Siger, and write your own review.

by Jeffrey Siger

Murder in Mykonos by Jeffrey Siger

• Published in USA  Jan 2009
    Genre: Noir

There are currently 17 reader reviews for Murder in Mykonos

Bruce (11/27/08)

Murder in Mykonos
It is difficult to pan a book that is its author's first effort. There were indeed strengths to this read. The Greek island of Mykonos stands sharply as almost a 'character' as much as a location and the author does a solid job coloring it in.

The story focuses on Andreas,a loutish Greek homicide detective 'promoted' to the island as it's new chief of police just as a serial killer emerges in this enticing vacation spot. With the new Chief, the local police literally bungle their way into an investigation of the disappearance of a continuing stream of tall, blond single female tourists. This has been going on for years without anyone being the wiser!

The investigation turns into a rescue operation for the latest victim while the book has us wondering "who-dunnit". We want to ask the publisher "why-dunnit"....
Virginia (11/17/08)

Murder in Mykonos
I really enjoyed this book. It was an easy read. I loved the twists and turns and really had no clue as to who did the deed! Loved the detailed descriptions of Mykonos -- made me want to visit the island.
Gail (11/16/08)

Murder in Mykonos by Jeffrey Siger
I really enjoyed this murder mystery by new author Jeffrey Siger. The plot held my attention and the characters were well developed. The short paragraphs with frequent breaks reminded me of the popular James Patterson stories. By leaving the killer's name to the very end of the story made me want to skip to the end of the book.
Sally (11/15/08)

Murder in Mykonos
Walk through the streets with descriptions of Mykonos, the interworking of the Political force and the ever present pagan gods alongside the Christian saints.
Meet Andreas the Chef of Police as he involves all the above in a mystery that has lots of suspects and bodies that keeps you guessing until the end!
Elaine (11/15/08)

The Story Builds
This book is a slow read in the beginning,, but worth sticking with! The characters and story build as you go. A new writer definitely worth watching. The main character makes believable decisions that ring true despite a complicated personal and political situation. Very beautiful descriptions of the setting also. This is a character I would like to read more about. Hope this is the beginning of a series.
Alan (11/14/08)

Murder in Mykonos
A somewhat derivative mystery that is fast moving and suspenseful. Surprisingly stilted dialogue and an unfortunate emphasis on the tortuous ordeal of the latest victim mars what is a fast paced exercise in the race the clock thriller genre. In the end this page turner will please readers looking for this type of "edge of your seat" reading experience.
Hilary (11/10/08)

Murder in Mykonos
Though the book started a bit slowly, it engaged me with a decent mystery and a very good feel for Mykonos. Jeffrey Signer obviously knows the people and terrain and it makes a great setting for this novel. I got a better feel for the male characters than the women who were the victims. The males seemed more fully developed as characters though not always sympathetic ones. I would read another mystery by Siger.
Lawrence (11/07/08)

Murder in Mykonos
Mykonos is a resort island off the coast of Greece and bad news would devastate the local economy. So in this “Jaws” like thriller, with a little "Silence of the Lambs" thrown in,newly appointed chief of police Andreas Kaldis must find a serial killer, and do it without driving away the tourists. Kaldis must probe beneath the sunlit surface to catch this predator. He will meet with the usual lineup of possible suspects. Each makes a strong first impression but then fades before they can take a place in our imagination. A thriller ending doesn't disguise the fact that the depths least probed are those of the characters.Those who have been to Mykonos might enjoy Siger's depiction of the island but the pedestrian writing made it a slog to the end.

• Book Jacket: Hunger