Read what people think about Madapple by Christina Meldrum, and write your own review.

Madapple by Christina Meldrum

• Published in USA  May 2008

There are currently 19 reader reviews for Madapple

Leslie (11/10/11)

Awesome!
i totally loved this book. Every page was filled with an adventure. the book was like an addiction to me i could not put it down! Love the mystery and twist it has to it. It should absolutely become a movie i would watch it.! Overall it was a very good book.
sarah doerr (08/02/10)

solomon's seal
I thought this was a very unpredictable but extraordinaire book with a twist.
Becky. (05/14/10)

This is great.!.
I love this book. It was interesting and it made me think. The other languages being used in it was kind of weird though, despite that I love it. This should become a movie the audiences would love it!
Brandy Nichole Noel (04/30/10)

What is a Madapple ?
Madapple is a strange book and hard to follow at times, but it is one to keep the mind running at all times. It has a slow start but it is worth the mystery in the end. Madapple will keep you puzzling till the very end and still after. A very good book, that I will pass on to friends and family. I recomend this book highly for anyone who has questions about their own life and wonder why there life is so out of wack, because I guarantee that aslaugs life is more twisted than you can imagine and getting worse everyday. A madapple is more than some kind of plant/drug it is the title to a life that changes everyday and can not know what to expect, not even the unexpected.
Kathleen (05/01/08)

Madapple: Captivating and Complex
Madapple is a very good read and evoked many emotions in me. I was captivated by the characters in this story and at times, was even willing to suspend rational thinking and accept the "miracle birth". The terrible truth took me by surprise, which hopefully is more indicative of the author's skill than my naivety. I highly recommend this book to adults and mature teens , especially those who are interested in herbs, complex relationships, and the dichotomy between religion and science. The subject matter may be disturbing to some readers and if you don't care about herbs, this book might be hard to enjoy, but Madapple is sure to generate a great discussion.
Margaret (04/29/08)

Madapple
I eagerly began this book looking forward to a mystery built around a mystical premise of birth as well as a trial. The author deftly moves from Asslang's life to her trial for murder and arson. However, as a reader, I soon became bogged down in the details of the medicinal plants, the history and uses of them. I doubt that would maintain the interest of many of our young readers.
Monica (04/21/08)

Madapple
I originally requested this book for my 15 year old daughter to read and review,but she couldn't get into it so I decided to try to read it. I have to admit that I started the book with a negative bias, but I soon found myself pulled into the story and ended up enjoying it quite a bit.

The storyline and characters are somewhat timeless and mystical, but the characters interactions make for a very compelling read. I especially liked the dynamics between the young adults and their elders. The author's method of interweaving the courtroom scene into the story kept the book grounded in the present. The main story was very surreal.

The author has an impressive knowledge of ancient religions and medicinal plants and I found a lot of the material fascinating. But, it is precisely these subjects that would keep me from recommending this book to anyone under the age of 18.
Kristin (04/19/08)

Strange
This book was very strange! The subject matter did not seem appropriate for young readers. This book made subjects like, incest, teen pregnancy, and pagan rituals seem okay. I thought the characters were odd and could not identify with their strange lifestyles at all. The only thing I did like was the courtroom drama. I only kept reading to see what would happen next in the trial.

• Book Jacket: Shadow Man
    Shadow Man
    by Alan Drew
    The Noise of Time
    by Julian Barnes
    Smoke
    by Dan Vyleta

Give me the luxuries of life and I will willingly do without the necessities.

The Necklace