Read what people think about Sometimes I Lie by Alice Feeney, and write your own review.

by Alice Feeney

Genre: Thrillers

There are currently 29 reader reviews for Sometimes I Lie

Susan P. (Boston, MA)

Sometimes I Lie
This slow-burner twisty tale of friends and sisters is almost dizzying. Just as you've settled on what is happening in the life (and what happened in the past) of the main narrator, you start to realize something is very, very wrong. It's more than a case of an unreliable narrator; it's sociopathy at its creepiest. And exactly who IS the narrator? And the hairs on the back of your neck will shoot out at the end!
Marion C. (Litchfield, NH)

Sometimes I Lie, Alice Feeney
This novel begins with a bang. "My name is Amber Reynolds. There are three things you should know about me: 1. I'm in a coma.
2. My husband doesn't love me anymore.
3. Sometimes I lie."
What a dynamic opening that moves this story right along! Why is Amber in a coma? She neither speaks, nor opens her eyes, although she can hear. She doesn't remember the event that put her in a coma, just the events from her 1991 diaries. Her chapters switch from "Before", "Then", and "Now". I enjoyed the novelty of this unusual set-up.

Alice Feeney cleverly weaves the events from 1991 into the events happening now, 2016. She ties all events together and makes this novel a very pleasant read. At the conclusion, we learn three different things about Amber. I highly recommend Sometimes I Lie. It is an excellent read and would make an ideal choice for a book club
Susan H. (Mount Kisco, NY)

scary good!
I cannot wait for the next book by this author! I liked all the characters ... even the imaginary people. I didn't want to put the book down, but I also didn't want to finish it. There were so many twists and turns I had to re-read sections and re-read again. Wow!
Janice C. (Hayward, CA)

Sometimes I Lie
Great book.. Had a hard time putting it down. Will be recommending it to my book club.
Liz D. (East Falmouth, MA)

Rollercoaster Thrills
Sometimes I Lie is like taking a rollercoaster ride through a dark tunnel the reader never knows what will happen next. This fast paced thriller keeps the reader on the edge of their seat for all 200 pages. The twists and turns are numerous and the characters unreliable.

Especially the narrator Amber Reynolds who spends a good part of the book in a coma.

The premise is interesting because we see many things in daily life which aren't as they appear to be and we judge them with a limited knowledge of the truth.
Are our perceptions true or do we take to another place to satisfy our inner self?

This was a great first book I will look for more thoughtful thrillers from Alice Feeney in the future
Jennifer H. (Mishawaka, IN)

Sometimes I Lie
Holy Cow! What a wild ride. Sometimes I Lie is a terrific read. The plot is like an onion; layer after layer of revelations about the cast of characters. It's complex, twisted and dark. It is very much in the genre of Gone Girl, and Girl on Train, and every bit as good as either, perhaps even better. The short chapters make it ever so tempting to read "just one more" before calling it a night. A tough book to put down, and equally tough to process. Who was the most psychotic of the cast of characters? Might have to read this one again!
Amy P. (Boulder City, NV)

Wow! Just Wow!
Wow! The story is full of plot twists, with subtle details revealed as the narrative shifts between then and now, with diary entries spaced just far enough apart to keep the reader a bit off-kilter. I found the book difficult to put down, reading the proverbial "one more chapter" into the wee hours of the morning. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a good thriller with surprises right up to the end.
Julie H.

Page Turner
This was one of those books where I kept telling myself "just one more chapter." The many plot twists kept me guessing until the very end. I really enjoyed how the author used the present, past, and childhood of the main character to give us insight into the truth behind the mystery. Definitely a fast read!

• Book Jacket: The Story of Arthur Truluv
    by Louise Erdrich

The Second Mrs. Hockaday by Susan Rivers

Wonder Valley
    by Ivy Pochoda

Beware the man of one book

E Dog H I D