Reader reviews and comments on The Muse Asylum, plus links to write your own review.

The Muse Asylum

by David Czuchlewski

The Muse Asylum by David Czuchlewski X
The Muse Asylum by David Czuchlewski

May 2001, 240 pages
    Apr 2002, 240 pages

There are currently 7 reader reviews for The Muse Asylum

Chelsea Nadeau

One of my most favourite books; great for (advanced) young adult readers. I'm 16 and I'm considering The Muse Asylum for my 11 English book review. Couldn't put it down! :-)
Eggers Fan

The Muse Asylum was an excellent read. It is one of my boyfriend's favourite books. He had been trying to get me to read it for ages and when I finally did, I was not dissapointed. I enjoyed it because though it is not a difficult read (I finished it in one day at my boring job), it is not exactly light and fluffy either. If you are looking for a book to just cruise through and not have to think too much, you could do so with this book however, it also lends itself to much deeper analysis. The entire book is interesting with no slow parts to wade through to get to the action. The story is told by Jake Burnett, but is augmented with excerpts from "The Confessions of Andrew Wallace". If David Czuchlewski writes another book (and he had better), I will be one of the first in line to read it. I would reccomend The Muse Asylum to anyone and everyone!
Jean-Claude

thanks!
This book did start me to read again. I read it in one day: I couldn't stop. Strange story, well writen, beautiful descriptions!
Anonymous

Beautifully well-wriiten!
Patricia M.

Character development is key in a novel of this sort and it is done effortlessly by Czuchlewski. I highly recommend this book to anyone looking for a story told from different and previously overlooked dimensions. A very impressive debut!
T. J. Zawacki

What can one say about Muse Asylum? Its syntax is crisp and clear, its story original and immaginative - when yours truly is impressed by a newcomer to the world of literature, the book is noteworthy, and so is its author. Allow me to simply state my appreciation towards Czechlewski for many hours of entertainment, and I hope The Man desires to write another novel, soon - I'll be the first purchase it, promise.
Justin Booker

I think it sucked! Plain and simple.

• Book Jacket: Little Fires Everywhere
    Little Fires Everywhere
    by Celeste Ng
    Voted 2017 Best Fiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

Small towns, big drama. Acclaimed author ...
  • Book Jacket: La Belle Sauvage
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...
  • Book Jacket: Killers of the Flower Moon
    Killers of the Flower Moon
    by David Grann
    Voted 2017 Best Nonfiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

The long, sorrowful list of injustices done ...
  • Book Jacket: The Dry
    The Dry
    by Jane Harper
    Voted 2017 Best Debut Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

After receiving a letter from his childhood...

History of Wolves by Emily Fridlund