Reader reviews and comments on The Bonesetter's Daughter, plus links to write your own review.

The Bonesetter's Daughter

by Amy Tan

The Bonesetter's Daughter by Amy Tan

Feb 2001, 200 pages
    Jan 2002, 416 pages

There are currently 32 reader reviews for The Bonesetter's Daughter

Sierra Marsh (07/26/12)

My thoughts about this book.
I had to read this book for summer homework for Honors English 10 and I thought because a teacher picked the book that it was going to be boring and that I wouldn't like it but I do. It was a good book but if my grade for the first 4 weeks of school in this class weren't depending on reading this book, I probably wouldn't have read this book.
Laura (08/29/11)

ehh
I truly despised this book. I predicted the ending before I even got through half of it. My prediction was correct! It just was NOT capturing my attention. At all.
Maya Saputra (08/15/07)

I'm in Love with Tan's Books!!
Love at the first sight!!
I Love all Amy Tan's books! ^__^
Farah (11/01/05)

Nice book but it's not excellent!
Amy Tan's a good writer. Actually I only read the book because I was assigned to, by school but I liked most of it. The characters and situations were very interesting and it takes maturity to appriciate most of the emotions displayed in this book. I liked this book, although it had a slow beginging.Because of the begining,it's not excellent.
Raul (02/27/05)

Could it start any slower? Most of the rankings are from people who chose to read it, while i had to read it as an assignment. Unless you are an old woman this is a bad book.
Amy (08/26/04)

Awesome book, really encaptures you in Chinese Culture and the way things were done back then. A truly amazing story.
Bianca (08/17/04)

I loved this book!!
I found the story intriging and the intricate details made me feel as though i was experiencing everything first hand.
Although only a more mature audience will appreciate this work.
Din (08/15/04)

The story is excellent!

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: Goodbye Days
    Goodbye Days
    by Jeff Zentner
    Guilt can be a heavy burden for anyone to manage, but it's especially difficult for teenagers. ...
  • Book Jacket: The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley
    The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley
    by Hannah Tinti
    Hannah Tinti follows her spectacular 2008 debut, The Good Thief, with a novel of uncommon ...
  • Book Jacket: Music of the Ghosts

The Stars Are Fire
    by Anita Shreve

Manderley Forever
    by Tatiana de Rosnay

Bestselling author Tatiana de Rosnay pays homage to Daphne du Maurier.

I find that a great part of the information I have was acquired by looking something up and finding something else ...

Y S M B, I'll S Y